How often do you change your Engine Oil? (1 Viewer)

How often do you change your Engine Oil?

• 3-5k

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • 5-8k

Votes: 46 49.5%
  • 8-10k

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • 10-15k

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank y'all for boosting my Exxon-Mobil stock!!!

Every 10,000 kms (6213 miles and 1252.9 yards according the converter)

Every 15,000
Miles.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD while navigating gnarly trail. Typos are inherent.

Every Spring/Fall regardless of miles unless I go over 7500 in between. Use castrol full synthetic 5w30 with Mobil 1 filters..

15k miles - Redline 0w20. could run it to 20k-25k without issue

I have however running Mobile 0w40 (the only viable M1, the rest is garbage) with a bit of Redline 0w20 in the mix.. I have a bunch of oil left from a few vehicles...

Where/How are you determining this?

Sorry for posting again but had to comment.. "Energy Conserving" oils specifically simply should not be used.. The majority of off-the-shelf oils now must meet this qualification and will continue to achieve this goal for lessened regulation and attention from the population.. it is not for the benefit of the consumer... If I am not mistaken all of M1 conforms to this standard, with the exception of M1 0w40..

Anyone know of oil-related failures in a 2UZ, either LC or tundra?

Anyone know of oil-related failures in a 2UZ, either LC or tundra?

Never heard of a single one, Rob. Even to the point that, if memory serves me correctly, we've seen many Blackstone reports specifically state that the 2UZ is one of the 'easiest on the oil' engines that they regularly test.

I am doing 5K mile oil changes with kendal synthetic blend, came across a deal that I couldn't pass, oil came in a 15gal barrel so dispensing is not that easy but for the price, I am willing to deal with a few inconveniences

My Mobil 1 extended performance oil after 17,000 miles:

image-1002372364.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD while navigating gnarly trail. Typos are inherent.

image-1002372364.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom