How necessarey.... (1 Viewer)

Website
www.raddcruisers.ca
Would you guys think its almost a must or just a factory install that is not a worry.

What I am speaking of is the low oil pressure shut off.

Doing a install and looking at the idea of installing a custom low pressure shut off system on this truck.

Rob

I think they are great cheap insurance for expensive motors why not on a cruiser conversion. Oil filters do come loose and I had mine bend and blow the seal from a hi high pressure problem caused by the relief valve. The guy behind me pulled me up before anything showed up and the dip stick actually showed no oil on it in a very short distance.It was more good luck than good management thanks to him.cheers.

cruiser_guy

Good morning from here, Just finished updating ou
Website
wirrell.com
Do it!!! I did it on my daughters FJ55/3B and I'll be doing it on my '67 FJ45LV/3B as well!

oil pressure shut down

I'm just a newbie here, but I'm familiar with the Kysor engine shutdown system, used on many engines including the two stroke Detroit....they work well. Also includes a 'low coolant' as well as a 'high temp' shut down.

lowenbrau

SILVER Star
I learned the value of the system with my first Cruiser. It was a stock height BJ60 and the poor front leafs were so bagged and the shocks so bad that when I jumped on the brakes the front driveshaft clipped the bottom of the oilfilter. (can you imagine driving anything so low?) Some time later, after the same truck grew up a bit, I got into a situation off road and caught the exhaust on a rock while backing up and pushed it into the oil filter. Both times I would have driven on with no oil. Its times like these that idiot lights are good but a low pressure shutdown is better.

engine shutdown

I'm trying to find info on the Kysor system, haven't found a webpage yet. I've reqested info from a retailer that might stock that system, will post when I receive anything.

Cheers.

Website
www.raddcruisers.ca
Found it from a RV place in the states, I am really computer dumb and connot connect the website.

Cost is around 400 US and it is a really complete unit, made for US deisels but can be used on anything.

dieselcruiserhead said:
someone have a link or a kit or something?

Website
www.raddcruisers.ca
Thanks for the suggestion, I will go with the simple switch idea, with a 5 PSI shut down.

Seems I can buy the switch and few other parts cheaply to build this low oil pressure shut down.

Rob

lowenbrau said:
Murphy has a whole line of engine management stuff.

If you want to keep it simple, just get a switchgage and then connect it in series with your EDIC or butterfly VSV.

http://www.fwmurphy.com/products/electric_gage/eg.htm

brownbear

Mod in Hibernation
I guess you have to pick a pressure switch that is lower than your cranking oil pressure. Too high and it will never start.

Website
www.raddcruisers.ca
I was told how it works and can remember something about a unit that fools the switch into thinking its above 5PSI, I will post it up when installed on the engine.

The install is over in the 60 series section.

brownbear said:
I guess you have to pick a pressure switch that is lower than your cranking oil pressure. Too high and it will never start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom