how much$$$ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well i was wondering how much money im gonn ahave to put into this beast to make it a nice rig...I want a nice roll cage ...a soa ...im guessing by its age it will need new wiring for everything ...i got a guy who will paint it for cheep around 500 ...new tires (big tires) and just a lot of other stuff

could i get ur guys's estimate of a price ...

Last edited:
i say the same as isotel; get rid of the gay as color. LOL!!! you have not said how much bling? get it, then don't want it, sell it. try to sell it on ebay and see how much you get!

If you've got the know how you could build it up to be a functional trail rig (no bling, no new paint job, just the functional stuff) for around $4-5k. If you have a shop do all the work, nice paint, new small block V8, cages and all budget at least $10k or more. That rig looks like it'd be a great restoration project.

That looks to be a 63/64.

Minimum, swap axles, aussies or other lockers, susp/SOA, change brakes to power, power steering...you get the idea.

Like stated above, great resto rig. It will be spendy to make a wheeler.

$500 paint
$500 cage
$400 power steering
$800 discs front and back
$800 tires
$700 front and rear lockers
$400 SOA (shocks, brake lines, perches, front end rebuild kit, cut and turn)
$300 front CV dshaft
$500 decent 2F or 350

$1000 for miscellaneous needed items.
$5900

Of course, those things are all just guestimates and things will change for you depending on how resourceful you are. Probably forgot a bunch of things, and that doesn't include any nice upgrades like seating or a winch etc..., just some of the basics. It adds up.

thanks for the info ... im not plannin on a new engine unless my grampa want to buy it...this is my first car project and i will most likely do all the body work myself and the soa myslef....the engine is a different story..ill check things out but will probly just pay to have it rebuilt if i can talk my grampa into gettin a new engine....

mary kay issue????? what is it worth?

oh ...and how much will losing the stock paint job cost me in terms of selling it for the year??

I absolutely hate it ...

$200 into getting it running good and braking, sell it for 3000 and buy a beater to wheel.

yes the three main basics that are very important.
RUN,STOP,STEER.those are very important and by the look of that rig the number one priority right now.looks like it sat awhile so alot needs replacing.you wanna estimate here it is.
UNDER HOOD CRAP.
plugs,wires,cap,rotor,coil 100-150
radiator,hoses,t-stat,maybe waterpump,anti freeze 300
belts 25
air filter 20
fuel filter 15
starter, free-150
STEERING
center-arm rebuild 100?
tre's 75
BRAKING
might as well put disks up front go mini 150 or cruiser 300(depends on whos selling what at the time)
rears
shoes 50
cylinders member theres 4 back there, approx 100
booster not needed but if you put disks up front its recomended used 75
CLUTCH
flywheel machined 50
clutch toyota(only one to use)250
slave 40
dont forget all fluids bout 75
thats aprox. 1800bucks right there
it also needs windshield,doors,headlights,turnsignal lenses.thats what i can see.
thats alot of money just to start with.
i know its your first cruiser and you want it to be baddasss, hell we want you to make it badass,just make sure you look at the small s*** first.if you want a wheeler this isnt it,you want a stocker/restore this is the one.it will take you more money than you think to put this cruiser in wheeling status.
im not trying to scare you away from it,but just know what youre getting into.i would get it just running and sell it on ebay or here then buy a half way wheeler then start fixin that rig up.
it seems to me that you are already in the "wanna big bad cruiser" stage of the addiction so just go the easy route and get one thats already done or half done anyway.
sorry so long,but its the only advice i can give you bout this.
shawn

just sell your soul to satan. it is well worth it for the cruiser you want to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom