how much (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the question was put to me what is the worth of a 70 or 71 fj40 taken apart 20 years ago to paint if you had every thing but in boxes????? he is looking to sell but wants a value on the truck???? what do you guys think????

$100 and I've got first dibs on it!:grinpimp:

Seriously, I think it depends on what kind of shape it is in. You know the usual stuff... is the tub good and so on.

frames there. tubs off all there completly apart all in boxes no rust az car supposedly! im gonna check it out an if its a hundred dollars its mine all mine ha ha ha ha:lol: think hes lookin for quite a bit more:hmm:

In today's "BUYERS" market it's hard to say, but sight unseen, I wouldn't give more than MAYBE $3k tops if everything in those boxes is marked and prepped for re-installation. That's including the assumption that there's also a complete drivetrain with it. That's just me though. Projects aren't really worth s*** in a market like this.

I think the seller would be better off documenting what is for sale and put it on ebay...That way the market sets the price...

If there is an engine /drive train with it, it will more then likely need to be gone through from top to bottom after sitting for 20yrs. Not to mention axle seals, the fuel system, and so on.... That said, it would take a lot of time and dead presidents on the buyers end, if that is true that it has sat for 20yrs. and all the parts are still really there. Realistically I would go no more than $1000 for something that is not running and in pieces. It would have to be very clean and rust free to get that much from me.

Was it ever even painted once it was broken down? If not add that to the list.

Just my serious dos centavos.

Last edited:
well i check it out next week and let u guys know.....but i agree with cantero

Low mileage?

-Spike

Pics?

will find out all about it next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom