How much would you pay for a 2UZ swap 'kit? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would think the 03-04 2uz out of a GX470 would be the bees knees. You lose the VVT-I which is a bummer ( should be easier wiring though ) but you still get the 5 spd auto which should help things out. I'm not sure what the weight difference is between a stocker GX and an 80. I know the wife's GX feels like a missile compared to either of my 80's.

The heads swap easily, so you can get your VVT-i back.

Yep, drive in and drive out 2UZ swap, with new crate 2UZ from Toyota for $750. I think you three are the only ones left in the 80 section that don't have new 2UZ's in your trucks. We have all been enjoying unlimited power and 25mpg since 2016.

*crys in Spanish**

I would potentially be interested in. 2UZ swap kit. Wish my 80 had the get up and Go my wife's 100 has.

I'm assuming this prospective project never went anywhere? I know there were a lot of the typical "Why you want to do a 2UZ? What about "X"?" responses, but for those like me who will ONLY consider a 2UZ in their 60 and/or 80, this would be an A W E S O M E offering!!!

Please ignore the naysayers from this thread, and let us know if there is any way to revive your interest in this project. Based on the work I observed in your 40 swap thread, I'm confident you'd offer a quality product.

Thanks in advance!
David

For me the wiring would be the big thing. If there were someone willing to build a harness that made everything plug and play, that's worth some money to me. The other stuff like linkages, motor mounts and fab seems doable if your someone that can remove a motor in the first place. Electrical wiring is sort of on a different spectrum to me.

I’m betting the upcoming turbo negated any real drive behind this awhile ago.
Esp w/ CARB cert on it - that has value.

If guys want alot more than either a 1FZ-T or 2UZ , then they fall into the LS / _BT powered crew & live where you can still do so.

That’s my guess, unless OP is hard at work on this & quit replying - I’d PM him if you guys who were serious wanted an answer.

I’m betting the upcoming turbo negated any real drive behind this awhile ago.
Esp w/ CARB cert on it - that has value.

If guys want alot more than either a 1FZ-T or 2UZ , then they fall into the LS / _BT powered crew & live where you can still do so.

That’s my guess, unless OP is hard at work on this & quit replying - I’d PM him if you guys who were serious wanted an answer.

LS3 swap kit would be bee’s knees. The 230HP and 311 ftlb 2uz without vvti isn’t a big improvement over stock at all. A low pressure turbo or SC will absolutely be better than the 2UZ swap with out the cost and much better higher altitude performance.

^^^ - LS3 in my boat, from a Vortec 350.
Welded AL 21’ Wooldridge / about same loaded & wet weight as a FJ40.

Preaching to choir there, made my bathtub a new animal.
Also got impellers though, but impellers meant for ~175 FT/LB more TQ.

—But— Coast Guard requires OBD-M on my motor, and if my boat hull build yr was much never than the 1997 it is, would require cat converters even in the wet exhaust it has. Just warning that while WA land rules here let you swap whatever, the Coast Guard is nationally already willing to “black flag” boats not on OBD-M if you think to just swap a Camaro LS3 / LSA into anything that floats.
—I’m seeing that as a precursor of things to come, IDK - purely my speculation.

CARB is huge, and I think our countrys’ emissions laws will only go as Cali has, and rightfully so to certain common sense degrees. Futureproof insurance IMO.

So Joey’s turbo is already lining up ducks for ghosts of things to come, or just plain gives flexibility to anybody who relocates to California/etc w/ a 80 that wants HP/TQ above 1FZ std output.

But I understand - I wasn’t interested in anything but the 3UR for buying a vehicle that was really capable of towing said tub. And it’ll be amazing to see anybody get the exhaust to plumb if they try a 3UR into a 80 frame.
But again, no CARB = less flexibility / options.

Some may scoff, but I see Joey’s choice to CARB cert as smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom