How much to rebuild a 2f or 3f motor in FJ62 (1 Viewer)

I was wondering how much it would cost to rebuild a 2f or 3f motor i have seen two fj62's that need rebuilt motors one is a 2f and one a 3f.

What would be a rough estimate?
Would it be cheaper just to get a used motor ?

Thanks for all your help.

It would definitely be cheaper to get a used motor. Rebuilds can be pretty pricey.

What you should do is build a 2FE using the 2F block and the 3F head, and then swap a diesel into the other truck.

It would definitely be cheaper to get a used motor. Rebuilds can be pretty pricey.

What you should do is build a 2FE using the 2F block and the 3F head, and then swap a diesel into the other truck.

Im buying one and it going to be my first car i was just wondering how much money i would have to put in these cars

I pulled mine for the build striped it down took off the head and so on and I still spent over 2k. I did replace a lot of things that I could have done with out but it's a new motor so I figured I wanted to do it right. It was bored .20 over new pistons, bearings, gaskets, seals, cam and lifters. I had all the valves done. New radiator, alt. belts, hoses you name it. And I did most of the work myself, it's a good experience if you want to know your cruiser inside and out. Just get the FSM's they will save you a few times. And do the galley plug while your at it.

Spike Strip

Midnight Rider
SILVER Star
2F rebuilt right is gonna come in at $3-3,500. 3FE will be similar. 2F has a forged crank, btw, where a 3FE has a cast crank. 2F is a stronger motor (no flames, please). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom