How much longer is a 13BT over a ..... ?

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by xtremitys, Mar 3, 2007.

1. xtremitys

xtremitys

Anyone know how much longer & bigger a 13BT is over a 2LT ? I will be building a 13BT aswell as a H55J Box & t/case to swap into a 89' LJ71 in place of the stock crappy little 2LT & driveline . Just wonder what i will have to do to fit it in & where the gearbox lever will come up thru the floor compared to original position ?anyone doen similar , any photos, etc ? I like how the LJ71 is short little bugger and the coil springs all round .

I know i have to get the driveshafts re-done at a driveshaft shop & new engine mounts , exhaust ,etc

2. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

I don't have numbers for you .. just can say it will be fit tight, but I more concern with the weight.

3. xtremitys

xtremitys

yeh thinkn the hieght thing aswell , might do a 2" body lift just in case , which will give me more tyre clearance too . will have to trace a pair of B series engine mounts from a wrecker , the transfer case off the bigger gearbox to suit , is the same as mine so the t/case support bar should work , will just have to move it to suit the coversion . Have sourced a 14BT crank and flywheel to give the 13BT more stroke, wondering if i can use the stock 13BT rods , gettn custom pistons anyway .

whats the best way to do a body lift? have seen a few done & they did'nt look too good , they have sections of tubular steel or plasctic cut and put on top of the body mounts. there has to be a better way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.