How much harness to get from PNP for TBI swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YotaJosh

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm going to do a GM TBI swap soon, and was looking at the Pick-N-Pull the other day at some harnesses.

How much of the harness do I really need? I noticed that it entered the firewall on both the passenger and driver side. The driver side had that large plug to cross the firewall. The passenger side went to the computer, so it's oblivious I need that part.

Do I need any part of the harness that is in the cab behind that big plug? I'm trying to keep from tearing the whole truck apart to get the harness.

well the more you take. the less you will regret it later if you need it. the driver side went to the fuse block. if you need a fuse block maybe take it all

take the whole thing, and sort it out at home, on the garage floor. if you cut and seal everything you don't need about 10" from the bulkhead connector, they're still there if you need 'em later on.
Good Luck.

(you may already know this, but Cruiser Enthuiser did a great writeup on a TBI swap here on Mud, goes into detail, and it very through.)

1. You don't want one of the harnesses that use a male/female plug at the firewall, wires don't trace straight through, absolute nightmare to use. You want the one-piece harness that routes through the firewall going through a rubber grommet.
2. You need the "engine harness" that starts at the computor. Keep 1,000 percent of all the wires that go through the firewall to engine compartment, intact, uncut. Wires that go from the computor to under dash destinations can be cut (12 volt ignition, check engine light, etc.) These wires can easily be recreated when completing your wiring conversion. I have an instruction manual that will really help you out, PM me with mailing address and I'll send it to you freebie!!!

Thanks for the info guys. :cheers:

I am trying to avoid pulling harness all the way back to tail lights, and avoid cutting out anything I might need later.

Jim - PM coming your way! THANKS!

1. You don't want one of the harnesses that use a male/female plug at the firewall, wires don't trace straight through, absolute nightmare to use. You want the one-piece harness that routes through the firewall going through a rubber grommet.
2. You need the "engine harness" that starts at the computor. Keep 1,000 percent of all the wires that go through the firewall to engine compartment, intact, uncut. Wires that go from the computor to under dash destinations can be cut (12 volt ignition, check engine light, etc.) These wires can easily be recreated when completing your wiring conversion. I have an instruction manual that will really help you out, PM me with mailing address and I'll send it to you freebie!!!

Downey is a ninja.

I cut off the drivers side at the firewall, pulled everything from the engine to the ECU on the right. Removed the ALDL plug under the drivers dash with about 6" of wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom