how much front lowering with an ARB and winch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
anybody has some numbers on how much lower the front end would sit after one adds an ARB front bumper on an 850 set of springs?
How about and ARB + 10,000 lbs or so winch?
TIA

How long is a piece of string?:D

OME springs are about 250LB per inch spring rate, so x2 = 500LB per inch. So a 100LB bumper would push it down about .2"

About a 1/2" with just the bumper and a little over an inch with both. With just the bumper I ended up putting on a pair of Mr Gasket spacers to help trim out the truck. The truck then awas slightly higher then without the bumper and spacers.

2 Cents

I origionally went with OME 850s front and 860s rear, but she had a stink-bug stance. Replaced the 850s w/850 J springs and she looks alot better...very happy with the ride..........better than OEM.

ARB winch bumper and Warn 9000...305-70-16s...Conferr rack

Good luck

Tools R Us said:
How long is a piece of string?:D

OME springs are about 250LB per inch spring rate, so x2 = 500LB per inch. So a 100LB bumper would push it down about .2"

I don't think that calculation takes into account the leverage from having the weight way out front.

Just an ARB bumper does not seem too bad on my OME medium lift. I got 2.5" front/3" rear over my old setup.

A warn 10k weighs 138lbs according to the literature, and the 10k in my basement seems to weigh that much. I think a 12k is about 150.

Man, you worry too much! If you want to find out, just put the bumper and winch on and measure. Then make a spring spacer to fix the difference. No big thing. If this was rocket science, we'd be on the moon by now!

Stack packers and move on. Your overanalyzing things that have been analyzed previously e.

I'm putting 850s & 863s on my truck tomorrow (saturday), along with the Slee front bumper (probably heavier than the ARB?) and an XD9000.

I'll do the suspension first, and take before and after photos and measurements.

Hayes

Hayes said:
I'm putting 850s & 863s on my truck tomorrow (saturday), along with the Slee front bumper (probably heavier than the ARB?) and an XD9000.

I'll do the suspension first, and take before and after photos and measurements.

Hayes

excellent, that would be good to know. Hub to flare distances before and after would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom