How much for an FJ40 paint job inside and out?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by joey93turbo, Jun 19, 2005.

1. joey93turbo

joey93turbo

I'm curious to know how much it would cost for a full inside/outside paintjob on an FJ40. It would really make my search easier if I didn't care so much about the original color, knowing I'd paint it anyway. I don't need show quality paint, but definately something that looks good and will last. So for a full color change, anyone know?

2. cruiserwanted

cruiserwanted

3. fyton2v

fyton2v

Media:
    Albums:
    You should be looking for a truck that has never been repainted. Stay away from one with a fresh coat of paint because you won't know what is underneath until it's too late.

Real cost to repaint is all over the map. How much rust needs to be repaired? Who's doing the work? Are you OK with someone taping off everything and just spraying over the existing stuff, or do you want to take everything apart, remove the old paint, and redo it all?

You could do it for $70 bucks yourself with spray cans or it could run you $6000.

Just find the best 40 you can afford. Get one that runs well and has very little visible rust. Worry about the color later.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.