How much for an American 2H Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All

Hard times come around and start to think about selling some of the toys. What do you suppose an FJ60 with some rust in the wheelwells, but a clean frame, a transplanted 2H, the original 4 speed that jumps out of first gear sometimes, and a WVO kit? I am trying to decide if it is worth it to put it on the market, or keep driving and recoup my investment in saved milage.
Thoughts?

what's the engine mileage like? Is there rust on back wheel wells or just the front?

also I guess it depends on whether the buyer researches your wvo kit and if they like it or not...

I think diesel cruisers in similar shape go for $8-$12,000 Sounds like yours would be on the lower end because of the transplant, rust, and 4spd (+tranny condition)... what's the interior like? Rear wiper and junk all work? The WVO kit is really a catalyst for + or -. It's a plus because it's an expensive add-on and a money saver, but a minus if the buyer feels like it will decrease engine lifespan. I personally would be wary about buying anyone else's veg conversion...

then again, I'm thinking in Canada where we have diesels... sell it in cali and nobody even knows what rust is anyway...?

Good point, I love the veg system, but it is still an unknown for many people. The engine milage is hard to know, as it was an ebay purchase with no info about the donor vehicle. It was painted up to look nice, and runs great, but clearly has been used. Rust is mostly on the back wheelwells, not so much on the front, and the corner of the back doors. Inside is used, but no big tears. Wipers and jazz all work, minus the rear washer.

watch that rear washer... can you hear the motor going? I discovered that the hose on mine was broken and it was squirting water inside the body panels and creating a big pool...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom