How much for a 2F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Said motor is complete and comes with 4 spd tranny out of an 87 that was V8'd, 105k miles, new clutch supposedly. I haven't seen any for sale lately, what is a fair price?

I would say for sure it varies. Do you trust the guy or have friends who do?

Was it compression tested by a third party? Records of service?

I'd pay $1200 give or take $300 if I were looking and if I trusted the guy and he had proof that it wasn't a total POS. Compression test and proff of oil changes would weigh in on my decision. The 4 speed is worth a couple hundred alone to me also.

Hope this helps.

[quote author=FJ55partsBoise link=board=1;threadid=8273;start=msg70002#msg70002 date=1070340320]...The 4 speed is worth a couple hundred alone to me also...[/quote]

How many do you need and where do I ship them... :D;)

A good 2F will get you $500-$1500 depending on setup. The T-case would make it worth alot more IMHO.

I would say $1000 is a generally decent price...

Thanks for the replies. Around here it seems like you can get spent 2f's once and a while but a good runner is hard to find. He was asking $1k, I might try offering $800. The t-case was mated to the Auto tranny via an adapter. shux. Appreciate the info, will do a compression and oil pressure check if I can off of a battery.

Look at it this way, I will rebuild you a 2f with a 12/12 warrenty for around $1800 + shipping. What are you getting for $1000? A big question mark? For the time and work involved I would buy a blown 2F and build it. A known running 2F with great compression is worth around $800 stripped (long block). A good way to save money is to have the block built by a 3rd party and have your existing head rebuilt yourself.

You are gambling on a blown motor a bit. Worst case you will need to sleeve it and replace the crank. I have only had to sleeve one F series motor so dont plan on that. Rods and cranks are a dime a dozen. F and 2F are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom