How much do you like/enjoy/use the tailgate? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, I read the first couple of posts and agreed with everyone loving their tailgate so I never followed or posted. Six pages later I see that sitting on the tailgate in the rain having a beer after fishing isn't unique.

I agree that the tailgate is one of the best things about the LX, although I prefer the slightly larger one on the 100 series.

Here's an undocumented feature that I discovered on a camping trip last week. Beer (and other) cans fit perfectly on the latches for the toolbox cover! It's such a perfect fit that they practically "snap" into place!

IMG_3764.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

I never knew a 12oz can for so well in those spots on the tailgate! Eric should add this to his delivery video.

Last edited:
It was a key selling point for me, and has certainly been a conversation starter. We haven’t been able to sit or eat on it in public without someone complimenting or expressing envy at having a tailgate.
I think the rear hatch is a design area that toyota does particularly well. Even the single lifts in the 4runner an Sequoia have something extra with the roll down feature. You could say that adding enhanced functionality here is a true lineage detail. As a 50 year old who spent his childhood bumping along in the back of a 40 series, those barn doors paired really well with the side-facing jump seats. We could pile in and out of the back (sometimes four at a time) without anyone shifting a front seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom