How much cash do you carry around normally?

enough for:

coffee ($1.58)
bagel w/cream cheese ($2.11)
lunch ($7)

any change will be used for peanut m&m's ($0.65) :D

so at least $11.34 per day, but more like $50 - $60 per my four day work week

I hate cash

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor

More than the wife thinks I should, but almost always less than the seller thinks I should have too!

Don't have an ATM card, and never used one either. Parents taught me the value of saving when I was young, so the credit card thing never took hold either.

I take $150 out of the bank and use it for spending on stuff like coffee, lunch, small purchases. Sometimes the wife "borrows" some if she's short, sometimes I do the same to her. I haven't had an ATM card since the machine "ate" mine 10 years ago. For larger purchases I use an AAdvantage Visa card. I get 1 mile per dollar charged. We've used the miles for upgrades to business class on overseas trips and for free domestic flights. It's great for big items like a new refrigerator. I tried to do it with a car purchase once. No deal unless I wanted to pay an extra 3%.

Landpimp

GOLD Star

I hear ya...........:(

good way to guess at what an outboard will burn per hour at full throttle, if its a 130HP.....it will burn 13 gals per hour, if it a say 200hp....then 20 gals per hour

buddy of mine sells off shore boats.........now them suckers burn ALOT of fuel......but you do get there fast ;)

Rugster said:
If you think cruisers are expensive to own.. try boats, or better yet, both at the same time ! One of my boats holds 150 gallons, and gets around 2 mpg at 35mph !

But think of the money I save on not having to buy the fish I catch ! (Comes out to $30 a pound not counting the bait and beer ! :doh: )

Doc

I hardly ever carry much cash.

However, the most cash I ever carried at one time was 10K$ when i went to purchase my two cruisers last year. I've never been so nervous.

I have a picture of that wad of cash someplace. I'll have to dig it up. 10K$ in hundred dollar bills doesn't look like much.

$100 bill always, plus any other cash (usually close to another $100)

$1000++ if i go to a swap meet or look at autos for sale, figure if anything its a deposit.

always have my debit card also.

I am a cash man, it is how business is done.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor

Oh..maybe $50, and a debit card and checkbook. But in the summer a little more cash, I seem to buy a lot more snowcones for my kids in the summer. :) CASH ONLY!

PolterGeist said:
I don't use Debit cards, cause despite the assurances from the bank, I do not like the idea of someone getting my wallet and cleaning out the bank account...
I was always nervous about this also, but then read something that cleared it up. It stated that the consumer protection against fraud charges and such is not something through your bank, it is something through Visa/MC. So a debit card that has a Visa logo on it has the EXACT same consumer protection as any fancy CC with a Visa logo on it. I agree with you it's hard to believe that, since the money is there for the taking versus a CC where there is no actual money, but that made me feel alittle better.

I can't remember the last time I used an actual CC, have 2 still, but never use them, almost paid off...amazing how people change, in high school I spent like mad, in college same way, now I'm learning the error of my ways.. :D

I used to be exclusively cash. I NEVER used the atm card for anything. Lately I have flipped to the opposite. I pay with the debit for everything. It's actually starting to piss me off a bit not having cash on hand. I hate cards.

This whole thread makes me want to cut up my atm card. IH8PLASTIC. :flipoff2:

Married with children.

Lost my ATM card years ago, never bothered to replace it.
Visa and Discover. Easier to track purchases too.

If I need cash (which is practically never) Cookiemonsterette runs to the bank. She's the best, let me tell ya. :)

Doc

Anyway- 10 large. the most I've ever carried at one time.

Top Bottom