How much cash do you carry around normally?

hoser

SILVER Star

mabrodis said:
$200?? Wow, I know I can get atleast $500/day out of mine
My ATM lets me pull out up to $1000 in TWENTIES. Almost lost a couple twenties last time between the little hatch and the crack. Well, that sounded kinda funny.

I usually just pull out between $100-200 and that's what I usually carry on me.
I guess another question is: Do you carry more cash when you are single or when you are married (or girlfriend)?

TJDIV

Back in The U.P.

I don't carry cash unless I get paid out in $100's. I tend to hang on to a $100 bill longer than I would, say $20's and $10's.

But I'm not too big on carrying cash. Too much to lose, and doesn't make sense anymore unless you're making a haul on the road somewhere.

American Express almost exlusively, a few other Debit Cards and my old military credit accounts usually have me ready for just about anything.

Landpimp

GOLD Star

I carry at least $300-500, more often than not $1k, I seldom use my credit cards, I don't have a ATM or debit card, I carry 2 checks with me.

I also keep a nice stash of cash someplace I can get to it pretty fast...........ya know incase i find a Cruiser to buy over the weekend.........but oddly everyone I have bought a cruiser from has no problem takin a check from me.....

None. unless I am buying/going somewhere and than I will take cash out. Use my debit for EVERYTHING. never use CC unless in a real jam. Trying to pay those off. Agree though the rare times I do carry cash it is not there for very long. Seems so easy to buy things that waste it on stupid s***.

Cash is good.

Usually carry about $200, but frequently more and always have a stash. With the world today, having a spare stash of cash isn't a bad thing.

N

nyk438

I carry $80 for the week. I can stretch it if I don't have to use it for gas till next Saturday when I work again for the $80 cash :D. The joy of working one day 4 hours and making $80, as a college student it helps a lot.

around 40 bucks, usually for single purchases under 10 bucks beyond that it might be a card. Keep about 200 bucks at home just in case there's really something good at a garage sale.

I get $60 out at a time for fast food and other small stuff, debit card handles the heavy hitting gas/groceries/shopping.

I am the other way around I am thrifty with cash. It is a physical thing disappearing from my wallet, its absences to be noticed again next time I look in there. The debit card is an abstract transaction that causes no pain and is easily dismissed until I look at the statement.

Landpimp said:
I carry at least $300-500, more often than not $1k, I seldom use my credit cards, I don't have a ATM or debit card, I carry 2 checks with me.

I also keep a nice stash of cash someplace I can get to it pretty fast...........ya know incase i find a Cruiser to buy over the weekend.........but oddly everyone I have bought a cruiser from has no problem takin a check from me.....

CASH TALKS....and Bulls*** WALKS. Always carry cash to a parts buy or swap meet. Eyes get big when looking at the green.

JMO

Ed

American Express card-- don't leave home without it. The best card to carry when you're traveling, Period.

My dad was in Cairo and lost his wallet somewhere. He tried to call Visa and Mastercard, but they didn't have alocal number in Cairo... My mom eventually called them for him and they said they would replace the card in 7 to 10 business days, and would mail it to his billing address. Didn't do him much good since he was in Cairo and his billing address was in Washington. He called Amex collect, they accepted the charges, and they said they would have the replacement card couriered to his hotel within 24 hours and would give him a cash advance to get him by till then. Also offered to contact the embassy to help him get a temp passport if he needed it. (He didn't-- the passport was in the safe at the hotel) Also offered to contact the airline to report his tickets stolen, if need be, and offered to contact the police back home to report his driver's license stolen.... They even paid for a cab to take him to the local AMEX office to pick up his cash advance... That's Service.

I don't use Debit cards, cause despite the assurances from the bank, I do not like the idea of someone getting my wallet and cleaning out the bank account...

I usually get out of the ATM whatever I need for the day.

One habit I got into by my dad's suggestion is taking a $100 bill and carrying it somewhere inconspicuous.. Briefcase, folded up behind the drivers license, ashtray of the car, whatever.

The Idea being if you loose a wallet, you have enough money for cab fare to get home, whatever.

Steve

I hate to be behind someone who whips out the plastic or check book to pay for a damn measly purchase.. carry cash and be done with it !

I use the plastic to pay at the pump, but other purchases are with cash.. no trails..

If you think cruisers are expensive to own.. try boats, or better yet, both at the same time ! One of my boats holds 150 gallons, and gets around 2 mpg at 35mph !

But think of the money I save on not having to buy the fish I catch ! (Comes out to $30 a pound not counting the bait and beer ! :doh: )

Rugster said:
I hate to be behind someone who whips out the plastic or check book to pay for a damn measly purchase.. carry cash and be done with it !

I use the plastic to pay at the pump, but other purchases are with cash.. no trails..

If you think cruisers are expensive to own.. try boats, or better yet, both at the same time ! One of my boats holds 150 gallons, and gets around 2 mpg at 35mph !

But think of the money I save on not having to buy the fish I catch ! (Comes out to $30 a pound not counting the bait and beer ! :doh: )
Yes. My dad works for a Finnish company that makes large marine diesels. WHen a friend of his retired, he went into business of rebuilding smaller marine diesels down at the marina for yachts, etc.

Guy constantly makes jokes about how the word "marine" quadruples the price of an item. I.E.: .39 cent stainless steel washers from ace hardware. Invoice them as "marine Stainless Steel washers" and charge the customer $2 a pop.... and they'll pay it.

Steve

Top Bottom