How much can you drop LC200 from dropping tire pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Knock off thee back and forth. I deleted a bunch of posts that were chat and turning into attacks which we dont allow here

The thread asked a reasonable question and then it got ugly by both the OP and another user

Don't make me put my drink down to moderate this thread

and yes, 8 ft garage doors are the answer. That is what I have to avoid this problem. It is really helpful to be able to drive into the garage and lift the roof top tent off with ceiling storage system. I can do all this myself where as if I had to take it off, it is a multiple person job

I have two racks to store my and my daughters RTT. She has a 7 foot door
IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0193.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg

Knock off thee back and forth. I deleted a bunch of posts that were chat and turning into attacks which we dont allow here

The thread asked a reasonable question and then it got ugly by both the OP and another user

Don't make me put my drink down to moderate this thread

and yes, 8 ft garage doors are the answer. That is what I have to avoid this problem. It is really helpful to be able to drive into the garage and lift the roof top tent off with ceiling storage system. I can do all this myself where as if I had to take it off, it is a multiple person job

I have two racks to store my and my daughters RTT. She has a 7 foot doorView attachment 2785379View attachment 2785380View attachment 2785381
Yes that’s pretty much the ideal solution and really what you need for RTT

I’m new to this overlanding, my friends don’t do it so I have to come on here to ask for help or advice on these things

while I did get the 8 foot doors and a higher lift on the door the problem was that with the building permit pulled which was inevitable where I live in a populated area, they requested a beam that made the 8 foot door idea redundant and brought the clearance down to accommodate the thickness of the beam! Ceilings inside are 12 feet so it’s pretty frustrating

but I’m working on an idea at my storage shed two miles away which should do the trick with a bit of work!

I’m new to this overlanding, my friends don’t do it so I have to come on here to ask for help or advice on these things

look-at-me-we-are-your-friends-now.jpg

What type of RTT are you looking to get? Maybe with a low profile type, you can avoid more expensive impacts?

I just finished setting up a GFC Superlite RTT for my rig and it may stand the best chance at sneaking under low garage doors at ~4" tall without anything inside. I have mine setup with a ceiling hoist much like what @Romer 's got. While I have a bit more clearance in my garage and it's not a constraint, I primarily choose the Superlite for it's weight and aero advantages.

With 35's, GFC Superlite on LC rack, and the LX AHC in low, I measure just under 7' at 83". Which is nice as I'll be able to still sneak under everything including parking garages.

1631582119410.png

What type of RTT are you looking to get? Maybe with a low profile type, you can avoid more expensive impacts?

I just finished setting up a GFC Superlite RTT for my rig and it may stand the best chance at sneaking under low garage doors at ~4" tall without anything inside. I have mine setup with a ceiling hoist much like what @Romer 's got. While I have a bit more clearance in my garage and it's not a constraint, I primarily choose the Superlite for it's weight and aero advantages.

With 35's, GFC Superlite on LC rack, and the LX AHC in low, I measure just under 7' at 83". Which is nice as I'll be able to still sneak under everything including parking garages.

View attachment 2785655

View attachment 2785655
I have a James Baroud Grand Raid XXL it’s 13” height when closed.
I only used it once, so in order for me to enjoy it more I was either going to sell it or set up a hoist system to make its removal and storage and placement easier as it’s just me on my own

I have two racks to store my and my daughters RTT. She has a 7 foot door

Hopefully my question does not derail the thread (Feel free to move my post to a new thread). I am curious about the two ceiling storage systems you have installed. I have been thinking of some like that for tire storage. Who was the mfg? Looks like two different systems. I would like to have a system that hold 500 lbs (two set of tires).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom