How much air pressure do you run in your tires? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got 35"x13.5 / 15 Mickey Thompson Baja Crawlers on my rig... I found that the P.O. had put in around 35 psi in there. I aired it down to 30-31 PSI to try and get more even wear on them. What do you all reccomend or what PSI do you run in your tires for regular driving/commuting?

32 psi in my 35x13.50x15 Toyo Open Country MT's.

Here's what I do. Find a parking lot or deserted street. Take some chalk and mark a line across the tread on your tires. Drive in a straight line for a about 100 feet or so. Get out and look at how the chaulk is wearing off. If more in the center, let a few lbs out and repeat. Stop when you get even wear across the tire. These things were designed for 28=29 inch tires - you don't need 35psi in a much larger tire. Just my .02

I currently run about 35 or so (their rating) on the road in my 33x12.5 BFG Mud-Terrains. off road really varies. hell, I would not mind if they wore a little faster so I could justify getting the tires I really want. :)

32 on my 33 x 12.5 BFG AT's for street. Lots of miles on them and very even wear.

Pressures below 17 off road got scary with them IMHO. But that could be the rims I'm running.

I run 28-30 psi on my 33x10.50 depending on the time of year. Less when it's 110 outside. They get rotated at least every 5000 miles, if not sooner.

CruisinGA said:
Front- 6 psi
rear- 5 psi

street or trail

Yeah, that's about where I am with 38.5/15/15 Boggers. When I had 35's on I usually ran around 15 front and 12 rear.

35x12.50 30psi on road and about 15 off road.

CruisinGA said:
Front- 6 psi
rear- 5 psi

street or trail

You run that pressure on the street/ highway? I run the same tires & don't think it's very safe over 30ish mph, IMO. You'll get squirrely on the turns. I run about the same psi on the trail, but for the street, it's over 20 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom