How many Scepter MFC's can a 60 carry in the back? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, we all know that 60 series trucks have a bit of a black hole going on, with regards to what can be carried inside, especially with the rear seat up and in place....
A few years ago we had to move about a ton and a half of diesel, over a few trips of a number of miles, and I was amazed at how many Scepter MFC's fit in the old girl. Out of Covid boredom I took my empties and thought I'd see how many fit in the back.
Please excuse the couple of junk MWC's, just there for spacing, and the couple of empty spots, I wasn't going to lug full MFCs, and the spacing was evident.
As you can see, in the front row we can fit 6x 20 litre MFC's and 2x 10 litre MFC stubbies (one over each wheel well). The Center row fits 8x 20 litre MFC's and the back row 7x 20 litre MFC's, and 1x 10 litre MFC stubby, under the tailgate handle. And the tops are just below the side windows, so throw a blanket over and they're out of sight.
They are all nice and snug when the tailgate is closed, and the tailgate window closes easily with no glass contact.
So... A total of 21 full size 20 litre MFC's and three 10 litre MFC stubbies gives a total capacity of 450 litres! Not a bad fuel reserve....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Diesel.

As well, Scepter MFCs are TC and IACS approved for airline carrage of flammable fuels. Safest containers you can get.

Thanks for the post. Good to know, that would be a fair amount of weight as well. 862 pounds if my math is right...

Pretty close! Thank Dog for Ironman springs and Boss airbags!

I may just swing by princess auto to get one...

Go to DS Tactical in New West, next time you're on the mainland, they've got them all, and they're good people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom