how many of you kids seen sticky injecters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
in a 22re? A guys truck I know hurls black smoke anytime, unplug two injectors and it runs fine, thoughts?

I am about to check fuel pressure, the damper,reg. and the wiring to get an idea. He says its firing fine.

I looked at it, it was a fire and a mess up messed up sensor, these trucks are amazing.opps, cruiser 88. I started him a mud account

i have come across two rigs in the last 3 three months that have had leaking/stuck open injectors

i order reman units for $37 a pop. had good luck with that brand over the last few years

i talked to krazy on the phone, apparently the wiring has been burnt and fixed, buy splicing, not sure how they spliced, so i suggested the guy get a wiring harness before looking any further!

sweet!
two things i check before condemning an injector:
listen to it with a mechanics stethoscope; which would have lead to your fix, crazy.

second is pull plugs and look for signs of excess fuel; ie fouled plug, wet plug

christ you pull the 2 and 3rd plug wires it runs so much better ....lol
sweet!
two things i check before condemning an injector:
listen to it with a mechanics stethoscope; which would have lead to your fix, crazy.

second is pull plugs and look for signs of excess fuel; ie fouled plug, wet plug

Mine usually do the opposite. They stick closed sometimes and I have to tap them or WOT for a few seconds to get them to start responding.

there are two different part numbers for an 87 and an 89.

why dont you just have yer buddy order the proper injector that his truck is supposed to have? i can get em for the 89 but the older ones are out of stock. I dont know what the status is, as far is obsolete or what

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom