How many of you actually utilize your 3rd row seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Cruiser does have the optional 3rd row seats, plus of course the 3rd row seat belts coming off the rear pillars.

I was just wondering how many of you who do use your Cruisers on a daily basis actually use the 3rd row seats? I know these were optional seats and to others probably worth having, but I don't think I will be using my 3rd row seats. I already have those out of the Cruiser at the moment. Since I'm not going to use the 3rd row seats, I was also going to remove the 3rd row seat belts, so they are not "dangling" and banging around back there.

Is removing & selling the 3rd row seats detrimental to a Cruiser's value? I don't plan on selling any time soon, but say 10 years from now I decide to sell, if the 3rd row seats are already gone, will this blem the private party resale value?

Cobra- no offense intended here, but your '92 FJ80 isn't worth too much right now, and I doubt it will be worth enough in 10 years for you to be worried about whether the 3rd row seats will add to its value. If the 80s ever do become the new 40s, I think the FZJ80s will be the ones worth something. Others opinions?

alaskacruiser said:
Cobra- no offense intended here, but your '92 FJ80 isn't worth too much right now, and I doubt it will be worth enough in 10 years for you to be worried about whether the 3rd row seats will add to its value. If the 80s ever do become the new 40s, I think the FZJ80s will be the ones worth something. Others opinions?

No offense taken - but early FJ80's still do have decent current private party resale values from what I have seen on many sites. Auto Trader, dealers, Toyota forums and eBay - $5-$6k seems to be the going rate for a non-modded rig and is pretty decent considering it seems everyone bashes the early FJ80's on here...

I'm not asking the question in the sense that I'm hoping the rig will be "collectible" or worth anything in the future, I'm asking it from a stand point that IF I ditch the 3rd row seats & belts - will it really be a "negative" to someone who may be looking for an FJ80 later on??

Were the 3rd row seats a sought after option in ANY FJ80/FJZ80? :flipoff2:

My 80 is our family's DD (gasp!) and "nice" car. I have one third row seat in for that extra kid that gets picked up every now and then. I've seen the third row go for mucho $$ on Ebay - so they are sought after right now. I'm not sure in ten years if the person buying your 80 will be a family looking for that extra row - probably not.

My '94 is my daily driver and the third row seats get used on average about once a month, mostly for Boy Scout trips. They get occasional use for my kids when the in-laws are down and we all want to go somewhere in one vehicle. I'm to the point, because of weight that I'm going to take them out unless I need them and then reinstall. It take's just a couple of minutes. Probably just about a trade, weight wise between the third row seats and the sliders! hehehe
I wouldn't sell them, but that's just me.

willmaxr said:
My 80 is our family's DD (gasp!) and "nice" car. I have one third row seat in for that extra kid that gets picked up every now and then. I've seen the third row go for mucho $$ on Ebay - so they are sought after right now. I'm not sure in ten years if the person buying your 80 will be a family looking for that extra row - probably not.

Good reply.

I'm just debating on whether to store the parts "forever", or just unload them since they would not be utilized for my purposes. The problem with storing items is they always seem to get in the way at some point in time... LOL! Another thing I was thinking too is that with the 3rd row seats installed, it does diminish the cargo capacity if needing to load up larger items and the seats would only be in the way.

Did many folks WANT the 3rd row seating when ordering the FJ80/FJZ80's? I mean, was it a very popular option for some, or was it just one of those things that if it was there, it was there?

Mine were loose in the truck when I bought it, don't look like they have ever been installed. I will more than likely never use them.

Mine have been sitting in a closet since I bought truck.
Only time they will see the truck is when I sell it.

We use ours daily as well, it's my wife's DD. I also have hauled 7 adults (8 including me driving) a few times.

On road trips with the kids, it's sometimes necessary to seperate the kids, one in the back left, the other in the middle right, my 'devil-child' son can still reach my daughters hair if he stretches, but it makes it a bit harder.

A few years ago we took a road trip to Tucson and folded up the middle row, strapped a tv/vcr/dvd to a cooler (which was also strapped down) and the kids kicked back in the 'way-back' with head phones and a remote control.

Damned kids don't know how good they have it. "Back in my day..."

We just fold ours up when not in use, is that too much of a pain? I'd say keep em.

Dan

Mine too. Took them out and put them in the shed as soon as I got them.

Damn, they were heavy too.

My FJ80 was used as the family DD when we bought it new in 91'. Year and a half ago when the truck came into my posession I sold the seats for $150. I never used them, when there have been times that I've needed them I just had people sit in the back.

macneill said:
Mine too. Took them out and put them in the shed as soon as I got them.

Damn, they were heavy too.

:princess: :flipoff2:

Maybe you need some of that POM juice.

Cobra, I think you'll hear the guys who use the rig as a family car will use the third row mostly. They are nice to have if there are 5 or more people traveling.

Pulled em out first day. Don't think they were ever used. I have them wrapped and in storage, just in case....

willmaxr said:
:princess: :flipoff2:

Maybe you need some of that POM juice.

Damn, you're right. If only it was around in 2002.
:flipoff2:

My wife DD's the '97 and the 3rd row seats pretty much stay in. If she needs the extra cargo space she can fold them up. We don't have kids and rarely use the seats, but you never know when you might need them or wish you had them. Most likely the day after you sell them....:D

Owyhee Jackass said:
We use ours daily as well, it's my wife's DD. I also have hauled 7 adults (8 including me driving) a few times.

On road trips with the kids, it's sometimes necessary to seperate the kids, one in the back left, the other in the middle right, my 'devil-child' son can still reach my daughters hair if he stretches, but it makes it a bit harder.

A few years ago we took a road trip to Tucson and folded up the middle row, strapped a tv/vcr/dvd to a cooler (which was also strapped down) and the kids kicked back in the 'way-back' with head phones and a remote control.

Damned kids don't know how good they have it. "Back in my day..."

We just fold ours up when not in use, is that too much of a pain? I'd say keep em.

Dan

This my situation also. I know if you want to buy a set they fetch a pretty penny right now.

Large family, 3rd row seats indispensable. Everytime we look at a vehicle, a 3rd row is always a consideration. Thankfully, LCs come with it so we can get everyone aboard a great rig.

i use mine when i goto see friends in another city. they often fail to keep registration and insurance on thier car. when ever we all go out somewhere, i refuse to be stranded because of an impounded car. we take the cruiser and fold the seats down. other times they are pulled out and stored.
i would keep them if i were you. they are a nice touch to a nice truck.

When my 3 kids were teenagers there was always some additional passenger friend going our way to a sports event, beach, etc. When they went off to college, I always had extra friends at home for spring break. My son once brought 7 people for spring break, rented a beach house between the 8 of them, and carted everyone around for a week, even the roof rack got extensive use that time.

They are now adults with their own rides, but the offical beach transportation still is the old '91 Land Cruiser - the 3rd seat is the frosting on the cake. Yes, there is usually sand everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom