How many miles on your new gears? (1 Viewer)

Like the title says: How many mile do you have on your new gears?

• <10K

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 10K - 20K

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 20K - 30K

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30K - 40K

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 40K-50K

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >50K

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
Please also tell your story if you have had any issues.

20ish k. Probably shouldve picked the 20k to 30k vote. No issues.

No stories yet. I had Zuk set them up. He's legend. Just did 10K miles in Canada and the US West, and some of it really rugged terrain.

No stories yet. I had Zuk set them up. He's legend. Just did 10K miles in Canada and the US West, and some of it really rugged terrain.
I know of the Legend but I don't know the man. I'd likely go to him but my understanding is that he's out for 2022. At least that is what his website says. I also have a local guy who is well regarded and has done other good work for me that has just shot me a price that is hard to pass up. $5K for gears, front and rear lockers plus labor.

19K on Nitro 4.30s that were cryo'd and REM polished. Zero issues.
I also thought about a poll asking who has cryo'd their gears.

15K miles on OEM 4.30 gears and a rear locker. Did it myself with the help of YouTube videos, Zuk's website, and @TeCKis300's gear thread. They haven't blown up yet and keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Cryo and REM Revolution 4.88s with Eaton eLockers front and rear ("The Full Zuk"). Best mod ever. I get to enjoy the gears EVERY SINGLE DAY. The lockers are like a cheat code, but not entirely necessary as ATRAC/MTS/CRAWL do an incredible job on their own. I do derive way too much pleasure from knowing I can go "Triple Locked". It's kind of a lame flex, but I'll own it.

Last edited:
Cryo’d & REM Nitro 4.88’s w/ Eaton/Harrop e-lockers setup by Zuk. Less than 10k miles…

Running factory 4.30 gears with all new guts and harrop lockers on my 16+ setup by Zuk
roughly 35K on the gears and no issues, but I have done a few fluid changes on my diffs since then. Once at 500 after break-in and heat cycling, and every third oil change after that (15k). I'm using redline 75w-85 synthetic. No issues to report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom