How Many Miles is Too Many? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATE: So this guy's buyer flaked and he calls me back to do the deal. we meet up and he says he'll think about it. Truck is good but aith the 360k and some minor frame rust i'm wondering what the holdup is. Anyway i text him the next day and he tells me he needs $3k on top to do the deal (after we've been discussing an even trade for a week) because, "An 80 series will always be worth more than a 100 series." I get that 80s are valuable but this dude seriously wants 3k on top when my 100 is in perfect condition with 0 rust and quite literally half the milage. Might have to just build this 100 up and call it a day (oh removing the AHC is going to be so much fun).

Sounds iffy, I'd pass on the deal. You'll find the right 80 if you are patient.

UPDATE: So this guy's buyer flaked and he calls me back to do the deal. we meet up and he says he'll think about it. Truck is good but aith the 360k and some minor frame rust i'm wondering what the holdup is. Anyway i text him the next day and he tells me he needs $3k on top to do the deal (after we've been discussing an even trade for a week) because, "An 80 series will always be worth more than a 100 series." I get that 80s are valuable but this dude seriously wants 3k on top when my 100 is in perfect condition with 0 rust and quite literally half the milage. Might have to just build this 100 up and call it a day (oh removing the AHC is going to be so much fun).
He probably just saw the stock '97 80-Series that just sold on Bring a Trailer for $77k and decided his was worth at least half that...

39k-Mile 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition

the answer is "Not Applicable"

there are so many very well maintained 80 series that are north of 500,000 that have better chassis / less rust than some 80's with 150,000mi. It's all about how the vehicle was driven, maintained, what climate it lived in, and how it was cared for after snow events if it ever saw snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom