HOW MANY LICKS I MEAN TURNS DOES IT TAKE?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So flame away at me but I've been searching until my eyes are bleeding. Dumped all my fun money into PM and various repairs and can't put a full lift on until the summer. In the mean time I'm pulling the running boards off and wanted to crank the torsion bars to level out the front some and stiffen up the suspension(all original and way too soft for my liking). No extra weight in the vehicle right now but me and the fam every now and again. It looks like most guys turn the driver side 7-8 turns and the passenger side 5-6. Does this sound about right to gain 1-1.5"?

2nd question to the guys out there with the stock T-bars. Does this stiffen the ride a ton or is it barely noticeable? Thanks!

Ride doesn't change, you are not changing the spring rate, just raising the reference point. Don't forget to have the wheels off the ground while cranking the T-bar bolts.

Hate to say it but the number of licks varies - probably because of age/miles, etc. I think I put 5 or 6 in both sides to net 1". As @badlander said, do it unweighed. Then drop the truck, drive around the block and park back in the same spot and measure. I did that 2x and got the height I was after.

So flame away at me but I've been searching until my eyes are bleeding. Dumped all my fun money into PM and various repairs and can't put a full lift on until the summer. In the mean time I'm pulling the running boards off and wanted to crank the torsion bars to level out the front some and stiffen up the suspension(all original and way too soft for my liking). No extra weight in the vehicle right now but me and the fam every now and again. It looks like most guys turn the driver side 7-8 turns and the passenger side 5-6. Does this sound about right to gain 1-1.5"?

2nd question to the guys out there with the stock T-bars. Does this stiffen the ride a ton or is it barely noticeable? Thanks!
I adjusted mine up about an inch in my 99. Zero ride feel difference for me. I think the shocks are more impactful in that regard.

One thing that noticeably changes the ride firmer is E-load tires. If you haven't already bought your planned tires, maybe go buy those to get yourself the firmer ride?

I don't think I would be messing with the suspension of an AHC equipped truck without a $20 techstream dongle to know where I am starting, but that is just me.

Once you get it happy as intended, you can do a sensor lift or an AHC 'high' speed override if you so want more height. If you want it stiffer, just move the switch.

Or am I missing something?

I don't think I would be messing with the suspension of an AHC equipped truck without a $20 techstream dongle to know where I am starting, but that is just me.

Once you get it happy as intended, you can do a sensor lift or an AHC 'high' speed override if you so want more height. If you want it stiffer, just move the switch.

Or am I missing something?
I'm thankfully one of the few 2006's that doesn't have AHC! I had it on my 2001 LX though and didn't think it was so bad at all

Ah, I thought this WAS referring to the 01 in your sig. Congrats on the 06!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom