How many indicator switches on transmission? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a search, but couldn't find how many indicator switch/sensors the transmission have. I have a 97 LX450 and I'm troubleshooting a CDL issue and was wondering how many of these switches there are.

I was also hoping to find a picture of a transmission that's been removed and showing the locations of the switches.

Anyone know?

There are no switch/sensors on the transmission related to the CDL. There are three located on the transfer case two of which relate to the CDL. The 4LOW sensor located on the rear extension senses when the transfer case is shifted into Low range. It signals the CDL ECU to activate the CDL actuator. Looking at transfer case from the rear to front it is located at approximately the 1 o'clock position. At the 10 o'clock position is the Neutral position switch which senses when the transfer case is shifted to into neutral. It has no interaction with the CDL locking process. The third switch, the CDL Indicator is located on the front top of the transfer case around the where the front driveshaft is located. It senses when the CDL is properly locked and lights the CDL dash indicator and lights the ABS dash light to indicate that system is disabled.

All of this is documented in the FSM with testing procedures and wiring diagrams and there literally have to be 100 threads in this forum that also discusses this including the Pin 7 mod that you need to read.

There are no switch/sensors on the transmission related to the CDL. There are three located on the transfer case two of which relate to the CDL. The 4LOW sensor located on the rear extension senses when the transfer case is shifted into Low range. It signals the CDL ECU to activate the CDL actuator. Looking at transfer case from the rear to front it is located at approximately the 1 o'clock position. At the 10 o'clock position is the Neutral position switch which senses when the transfer case is shifted to into neutral. It has no interaction with the CDL locking process. The third switch, the CDL Indicator is located on the front top of the transfer case around the where the front driveshaft is located. It senses when the CDL is properly locked and lights the CDL dash indicator and lights the ABS dash light to indicate that system is disabled.

Lol... sorry, I meant transfer case. Thanks for the info!

All of this is documented in the FSM with testing procedures and wiring diagrams and there literally have to be 100 threads in this forum that also discusses this including the Pin 7 mod that you need to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom