How many feet of vacuum hose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to replace all the vacuum hoses in my FJ62 3FE. For any who have done this, how many feet of 3.5mm and 5.5mm (correct?) do I need? Did a search and couldn't find an answer. And couldn't find a kit on any of the sites...which they should sell btw.

Thanks all.

I went to Advance auto and just bought a roll....cannot remember how much it was now
Might be a dumb question, but does OEM vs aftermkt matter here?

Here's the pages from the parts microfiche. The length (in mm) for each tube is listed on the diagram. You can just add them up...
fj62 vacuum piping 01.JPG
fj62 vacuum piping.JPG

Here's the pages from the parts microfiche. The length (in mm) for each tube is listed on the diagram. You can just add them up...
Perfect! Thanks for the diagram.

IIRC it's like 30 ft. of the smaller stuff, and about 5 ft. of the larger stuff. This should be plenty plus some leftover for spare.

HTH-

orange hoses

somebody in this forum had some orange vacuum hoses on his rig,i really dig that.i would love to use those instead of the black one,where can we get those?pardon the hi-jack.john:D

somebody in this forum had some orange vacuum hoses on his rig,i really dig that.i would love to use those instead of the black one,where can we get those?pardon the hi-jack.john:D

McMaster-Carr sells red... search P/N 5041K22. Not sure about the orange.

IIRC it's like 30 ft. of the smaller stuff, and about 5 ft. of the larger stuff. This should be plenty plus some leftover for spare.

HTH-

Ditto, I bought 25 ft and came up short. 30' should do it. If you go with silicon from a place like McMaster, make sure you get the thick wall tube, especially with the 5.5 mm. Thinner wall stuff is not collapse resistant enough for vacuum.

I got some of the red silicone hose from McMaster Carr. It comes in different colors. I ordered 40 ft. but you should only need 30-35ft. I would order atleast 35ft. It is always nice to have alittle extra. Make sure you get the one with the thick side wall.

I show the part number is 5041K52.

Last edited:
Might be a dumb question, but does OEM vs aftermkt matter here?

FWIW, I had some OEM stuff(new) installed next to some Advance Auto Parts hose (new) and I didn't have it clipped together and they both fell onto the header. The advance auto parts stuff caught fire melted and the OEM stuff was fine. OEM is about 3x more expensive though.

Thank you. I occasionally need re-affirmation as to why I drive a 55.

Pighead
Built 2f, 2 vacuum lines.

I ordered 40 ft. but you should only need 30-35ft. I would order atleast 35ft. It is always nice to have alittle extra.
x2. I ordered 40 ft from McMaster Carr and have about 6-8 ft left over

Thank you. I occasionally need re-affirmation as to why I drive a 55.

Pighead
Built 2f, 2 vacuum lines.
What's the fun in that!

Every time I open my hood I get hungry for spagetti :p

Butt

I got some of the red silicone hose from McMaster Carr. It comes in different colors. I ordered 40 ft. but you should only need 30-35ft. I would order atleast 35ft. It is always nice to have alittle extra. Make sure you get the one with the thick side wall.

I show the part number is 5041K52.
must have been red that i saw,thanks for the correction ppl.it's one of those days that your eyes are playing tricks on you. john

Nice...thanks for all the suggestions. I'll probably go OEM and finally check this off the long list of to-do's.

Viper, coulda been me with the vacuum tubing in this thread - mcmaster carr red looks orange. It's actually very helpful as it lets you know at a glance what's old and what's new. No looking for dirt and cracks. Plus red is faster than black, but everyone knew that already.

Helpful info on tubing here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/98319-vacuum-tubing.html

I still have leftover tubing, but it's handy to have around and I didn't have to pay shipping twice when I found I needed more. There was definitely some waste from learning/mis-cuts etc.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom