How many BJs in US? In Canada? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.denalihwy.com
More or less. Has anyone an informed opinion? BJ40s...42s...and on up the line.

It sure seems my Elsie is a Very Large Percentage of all the BJ40s in Alaska:doh:

I know there used to be a BJ-40 In Juneau... and I have a BJ-40 here in Eagle River (Anchorage) that I imported from Canada.

tons of diesels in canada. not many in us.

I would not say tonnes...but in 1984 there were something like 740 ish BJ60's sold in Canada. And the other years were similar.

So take 8-9 years of importation and average 750 units...somewhere around 6500.

Now how many have been destroyed..? How many on the roads still today. I would bet the numbers are as low as 2000-3000 are still around and running.

This is all guess work though.

IIRC there were around 700 BJ70s all told, from 85-87. I'd like to know how many of them are left too. It can't be that many - seems like they're falling like flies :-(
I'm pretty thankful we have the opportunity to replace them with JDMs...

tons of diesels in canada. not many in us.

Not that much you'd be suprise. Yes there was a time where there were alot, but has much has the FJ, they've rusted out pretty fast and are simply gone. The one you see around usually have been restored. They are very rare at least in quebec and i'd say i see 2 FJ for one BJ, but very very rarely i see one serie 40.

From the TLC FAQ, only around 150 in 1983 and 210 in 1984 bj were sold in Canada. That is very far from one per dealer.

I wouldn't be surprise if there is less then 30-40 clean BJ42 running in Canada.

Last edited:
If people in Canada were more into oiling there trucks rather then using products like z bart back in the 80's and early 90's there would be a lot more of these trucks kicking around...

I noticed after I krowned my truck it looks like very little if any rust has fourmed and I question the quality of the paint job the PO had done... I can't say enough good things about krowning your truck if you live in a region where your truck is getting salt sprayed 6 months of the year.

Krown er every year, cheap insurance on your investment...

My 1986 BJ70 CDM spec had 5 rust check stickers on the window :) I would have rather seen 20, but at least someone tried

there is no krown dealer in vancouver , the closest one is either victoria or squamish , there is a mobile one in poco but they only do big fleets like busses or trucking company's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom