How many amps can OEM Subtank switch handle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorthWA

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone know the max capacity of these? Sure, I can put in a relay but to keep the system simple can these switches handle 3 amps?
1673673753408.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know the max capacity of these? Sure, I can put in a relay but to keep the system simple can these switches handle 3 amps?
View attachment 3218683

what are you doing with these sub tank switches besides what they are intended for ?

you have there the manual locking type and the momentary type correct ?

3 amps is not a lot of load, particularly if it's momentary.

I wouldn't have too much concern with 3 amps.

You'll get better answers if you give some description of what you're trying to do.

Disclaimer:

I'm a dumbass chippy, not a sparky.

I once blew the main service fuse in a block of 50 apartments after wiring up a light switch wrong 🤪

(It should have only tripped a breaker in my apartment, but that's not as funny! )

im not 100% certain but recall reading they are similar to the rear demister switch so whatever the demister is 'could' be a rough guide

that being said, its a switch and the relay it triggers is where your amp load is

Thanks for the response guys. I have the manual locking type on/off type sub-switch. I just put a picture of both guessing capacity would be the same. I’m going to use it as intended to run a fuel transfer pump to move fuel from auxiliary tank (S-10 blazer 20 gal) to main tank. Considering either Holley Red or Holley Blue fuel pump to get some good flow for quicker transfer. Holley says 2 amp draw for red pump and 3 amp for blue pump. Guessing double that briefly during start up?

No problem putting in a relay but 2 A is not much so if the switch can handle it why add extra wiring and failure points. I thought maybe there would be some specs on the switch but nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom