How many 80ers here with a oem head gasket! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

120K still original...hope i don't jinx myself. Scanguage averages @195 or so. Might need to do fan soon if temp starts to creep...:beer:

226k orginal head gasket....knock on wood. This is a daily driver, flushed, water pump but no blue fan.
Lots of loving expensive care. And away we go...........

1996 LC, 116k, new rad-cap, T-stat and all new hoses throughout. Original H-gasket.

1997 LX, 122k, new rad-cap, T-stat and all new hoses throughout. Original H-gasket.

#6 cylinder on a 125K head gasket that was replaced for no good reason outside of paranoia :flipoff2:

63420593_N3Shx-M.jpg

I refuse to comment on this thread. Soon as I say, I will end replacing.

I'm not afraid to say it, 295k, original HG, beaten like a rented donkey, and I hope it blows!.......(hoping that will help un-jinx me)

198K and counting....with fingers crossed.

Both my 80's and my defunct 60 have OEM head gasket. All 3 around 60,000-160,000 miles. The surviving two are well pampered.;)

150k but I am packing a kit from Cdan and the dvd. Be prepared:p:grinpimp::grinpimp:

198k, original HG, new rad and hoses, toyota red.

HG replacement

213K on original headgasket before she blew at the #6. While replacing it, discovered the fan clutch had also blew a gasket and leaked all the oil out. It was completely locked up.

my 94 has it

Only cruisers to get the 1FZ-FE sticker on the valve cover from the factory was the 1993 model year. I'm betting you still have the original head gasket

Pete

All of them. The 40 has 84K, 83 has 235K, 84 200K, 90 260K, 91 242K, 94 250K, 95 255K (guessing), the v8 doesn't count. The other two 3FE 80's that are now gone, had over 200K and were on the original HG.

my 94 has it

Interesting. I'm guessing that the sticker was phased out in 1994, some 94's got it, some didn't. The 94 we bought new didn't have the sticker. I've never seen a 94 with the sticker. I know lots of guys here added the sticker after the fact. Oh well, looks better with it:p Back to the headgasket thread .

173,000 and original headgasket.

174000 and still runnin great. Something I would like to see everyone add is how hard does everyone run there rigs. Mall cuiser, hard core crawler, weekend warrior/camper, daily driver or all the above. Mine is a weekend warrior with minor offroad excursions here and there.

Cheers.

96' LX-450 121,000 on OEM HG and still going!!!
IMG_1828 (Small).jpg

150k and doin fine. My rig is almost strictly a hard core play toy with some in town sweltery FL traffic thrown in. Also, I have the Taurus fan mod, and there was this one time when my wife parked the truck at a public boat ramp, unknowingly with the fan swtched off, and someone started talking to her as she was getting out of the truck. She shut the door, finished her convo, got on our boat and we drove away. An hour into our trip, I asked her where the keys were, she says; 'i think i left them in the truck" - so an hour drive back to the truck, imagine my suprise when we get back to the Croozer and I hear it running... 2+ hours in great FL boating weather (read - hot), fling open the door, see the temp guage pegged to the top. I shut her off, pop the hood, get back on the boat and try to tell myself "its only a truck, love thy spouse.." It all ended well. she cooled down, no leaks, no smoke, no problems. True story. try that with an aluminum block Disco. Try it with anything. I should get a LC tattoo! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom