How many 60/62's do we represent? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This thing is way bigger than you or me. Here's a trubute to those who have been here for a long time. Please post the approximate date you were CONVERTED. IE when you got into the FJ60 you drive and first stepped on the gas!!!! and also post how many Iron Goats you think may still be on the road.

I saw at least three totaly stock FJ60's on the road this evening between here and Golden, I've had mine for 7 months.....but it was a family heirloom, from my father who bought it in 1988.

But what i really want to know is how many are out there still tearing it up????

Even though they stopped production in 1990 to make way for the 80 :whoops:

they are still around by the 1000's/

didn't get mine until 2004. i admired them for years before though. hardly ever see any 60s or 62s in my hood.

I've had mine for 16+ years...but I got my first FJ60 in 1986, learned to drive in one!

Please post the approximate date you were CONVERTED. IE when you got into the FJ60 you drive and first stepped on the gas!!!!

Hello Newbie, :rolleyes:

How about I'm the original owner, bought it off the lot in April 1986. :D

:bounce: TOYOTA - Oh what a Feeling !!! :bounce:

It's still going strong, and yeah, we've been a few places over the years.

:beer:

I purchased my 1982 in 1990 with 60k on the clock. Prior to that I had a 1974 FJ40. The newest edition is my '85 60 purchased in Nov 2006 with 227k on the clock. I see myself always having one.

Dynosoar :zilla:

learned to drive...

...in 1985 on my mom's BRAND NEW FJ60. Still have the motor from that Cruiser (R.I.P.) in my new Fj60, that I picked up in '02. I've recently taken the plunge into the realm of 40's! :)

I was "cruiserless" when in College and until about 97 when I gave my Mom a rust free 78 Conv. Super Beetle. IN New England, you just don't find those. She said...hey, I don't really drive that rusty ol' Crusher anymore- you want that in CO??.Uh....Yeah. Yes, she's cool, and has always called it the Crusher.

Hello Newbie, :rolleyes:

Oh really? so you've had your's two years longer than I've had mine?

My dad tought me to drive in ours 16 years ago. and it's three years older than yours.

There's no need to be condescending.

Yeah, im in there Post # 348. I guess i could have just counted the registry.

Oh really? so you've had your's two years longer than I've had mine?

My dad tought me to drive in ours 16 years ago. and it's three years older than yours.

There's no need to be condescending.

Settle down Hawk, no need to get your feathers ruffled.

It was a J O K E while comparing 7 months to 21 years.

Now, go update your avatar...

whats wrong with my avatar?

It doesn't match your sig. :confused:

Thats a picture of my dogs wheelin with me in my Tacoma.

:cheers: man no hard feelings.

edit - There you go, i updated my sig.

Wow, tough crowd! I feel for you Hawk.
I grew up with a husky and an australian shepard. Both were great memorable dogs. BTW I was starting to get REALLY upset about your avatar too:mad: ;)
-David

Oh! I almost forgot! I can't wait to check out realcruiser.com I bet there's lots of love and acceptance there too!!
-David

my mom bought it 1 year used in 86, it was passed on to me 2 years ago when i turned 17... i plan to pass it on too... buut hopefully not too soon

mine was bought brand new back in 1982 by my dad and now is my daily driving, my first car, and it has taked us to a lot of places over the years... for me is just a part of the family and I'll never sold it!!!

:cheers: :beer: for this amazing trucks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom