how long? NOT a COMPLAINT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
[I just sent this e-mail to the membership@tlca.org webaddress. Thought I would post here as well]

AT the beginning of the month, I sent in the dues to renew my Associate Membership status with TLCA [Mark's Off Road Enterprises] I was wondering how long the process takes. I just saw a link posted on Pirate to the list of TLCA business, clicked on the link, and was dissapointed to find that my business was not on the list. If you could post the link, or forward it to the appropriate person in charge, I would appreciate it. The link is: www.marksoffroad.net

I will post a copy of this to the TLCA forum on IH8MUD, not as a complaint or a harassment, but because of the old adage that the squaky wheel gets the grease! Thank you for your prompt attention to this inquiry.

:)

believe the appropriate address for those is webmaster@tlca.org - believe it's listed on the home page.

rumor has it TLCA is in process with a new site, I suspect they are putting all efforts towards that and not sweating things on the old/antiquated POS that's there now... ;)

will forward to the appropriate parties involved.. Woody is correct. revisions to the website are on the horizon in the very near future and one of the highest priorities of the TLCA.
Thanks Brian and Mark and everyone for supporting the TLCA..

If there is anything further Mark and this does not get resolved in the very near future please contact me and I will notify the correct parties again.
And for my own sake.. Link to the thread on PBB? I was not aware of it.. Was it a TLCA thread or other?
The web address stuff will be after the website goes live.. There is no maint of the old current site as it's getting a total rework right now and should go live when completed by our awesome webmaster.

tornadoalleycruiser said:
will forward to the appropriate parties involved.. Woody is correct. revisions to the website are on the horizon in the very near future and one of the highest priorities of the TLCA.
Thanks Brian and Mark and everyone for supporting the TLCA..

If there is anything further Mark and this does not get resolved in the very near future please contact me and I will notify the correct parties again.
And for my own sake.. Link to the thread on PBB? I was not aware of it.. Was it a TLCA thread or other?
The web address stuff will be after the website goes live.. There is no maint of the old current site as it's getting a total rework right now and should go live when completed by our awesome webmaster.

here's the link:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361793

Mark you need to chill out. It is all being done but there is a lot to do. I bet a quick phone call to jacki would do a lot more than posting here. This is not a public problem; why not handle it in private?

No ruffled feathers here at all.. our website is getting updated, all questions were answered no worries.. And it was just a ? not a problem at all.. That's one of the reasons we have this forum. another way to access the BOD and TLCA.
Chef's busy cooking my dinner for Friday evening so he's not surfin right now... :) or he'd be online..
Just kiddin Chef.. NO really, Get back in there and finish cookin.. Ya know I gotta eat your cookin or I'll just starve!

I try to surf to the best of my abilities but didn't catch a pbb thread.. Doh..

Again to all involved.. The website is being worked on as I type.. The old one will receive no more maint so the updated list and page of member-businesses will be done when the new site is online.. It's a much anticipated change for the TLCA! And to all Memberbusinesses thank you so very much for supporting the TLCA!
I think the new site is to be released here soon but I cannot remember what date or if there is one set.. Our webmaster's ready to deliver our webpage and a child so she's got her hands full at the moment.. And the last I had heard Nick Stone who was consolidating the comments on the test site was sitting on 26 pages of possible revisions and comments by the BOD.. WOW..
So we're working on it as fast as humanly possible...
Please hang on during our changes.. We're moving everyone's cheese but it will be a good thing!
Again, if there is anything I can be of assistance with please feel free to contact me.. My phone #'s in the trails.. Thanks.. ERik.. TLCA Secretary.

I think ruftoys should be renamed to , squeaky wheel ...................
which run you on squeaky ?????

and major Kudos to Alan and everyone on the TLCA board for finally having the fortitude to make the new site happen, even if it means the old site gets stale. Stale! Ha, that site has been stale for years... I think it might have mold growing on it like something in the back of TAC's frig!

Mark, I can note that Associate Businesses are extremely important to TLCA and I'm sure they appreciate you bringing this to their attention. Nothing wrong with some squealy wheel action.

Hey Mark!

Please call Jackie at Membership.
Are you starting an Associate Business Membership, or renewing? (either way, thanks for supporting tlca!) I haven't seen you on the assoc biz member list that I can recall, but Jackie tracks all that, not me.
As others have noted, the current tlca.org is a dead horse. I apologise for not being to update it right now. The new website should unveil in about 2-3 weeks, and is in fact mostly done right now.
Interactive sections like classifieds, readers rigs, trail reports etc are (and will be) under construction as the new site debuts...which again, will be soon.
I apologise profusely, and if I guess if you feel that being on the old broken tlca.org is a dealbreaker for you I can try and divert our webmaster from completing the new site to add you to the old one, but I'd really rather not. If this means I have to extend your new Associate Membership by a few weeks to keep you happy, I'll gladly do so.

Mark, it means a lot to me to have old guard like you back in the fold and actively supporting tlca. Let me know what you want me to do.

I leave for Ramble in the morning, back Sunday night laaate, so I'm not too reachable. I'm on your side though, and will work to make you happy, I promise;)

Alan

Thanks for all the replies guys. I wasn't aware of some of the problems, and I didn't realize that there were to be no further efforts on the old site. At least my hunch was correct that this forum would be useful for getting the message out.

Jackie touched on the same thing that Chef did about the difference between new and renewing. I assumed that my old info would be on file, and apparantly that was not an ok assumption. Jackie indicated that she had no records to match my check to. :eek: I didn't send an app in because I figured EVERYONE knew who I was. :eek: Public apology and thanks to Jackie for picking up the slack here.

I suppose that if my biz makes it to the list in the next TT, at least THAT will be an improvement. ;)

Mark

P.S. David Dearborn, CALL ME!

Last edited:
65swb45 said:
I suppose that if my biz makes it to the list in the next TT, at least THAT will be an improvement. ;)

Mark

I hate to disappoint but July/August closed out for copy a good while ago and you're not on the list. I'll see what I can do though.

TJK

No problem. And Mark will be pleased that I am now going to reveal a detail about the next Toyota Trails. Drum roll, please....

Mark's Offroad is listed in the Associate Member Directory of the July/August issue!

All else is classified.

:D

TJK

Kaderabek said:
No problem. And Mark will be pleased that I am now going to reveal a detail about the next Toyota Trails. Drum roll, please....

Mark's Offroad is listed in the Associate Member Directory of the July/August issue!

All else is classified.

TJK

He's also listed in the classifieds? :D Sorry, its like 100 degrees here and I've been working on A/C units all day... had to be a smartass. Luke

Kaderabek said:

All else is classified.

TJK

Maybe next issue he'll actually advertise! :grinpimp:

Hey Mark;
Just wanted to check back and make sure everything was kewl? Jackie indicated she was in contact with you on Friday, and everything was taken care of? Let me know if I need to do something else please?

Thanks, Alan

Chef said:
Let me know if I need to do something else please?

Thanks, Alan
Take off your top and dance. Dont know what it will do for Mark but it cant hurt; he is from California.

Chef said:
Hey Mark;
Just wanted to check back and make sure everything was kewl? Jackie indicated she was in contact with you on Friday, and everything was taken care of? Let me know if I need to do something else please?

Thanks, Alan

Yup I got an e-mail from her and e-mailed back. It sounds like I MIGHT see a TT tomorrow, which would be COOL. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom