How long does it take to change this piece. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
Just throwing this out there for you all to ponder about ,
how long does it take you all to change this out.

A42985C7-A13B-400B-8445-0BF927200E36.jpeg

30 minutes

interesting I would think like more around 10 mins unbolt the plastic column cover pull the little screw unplug it and change it. I was more thinking About How easy it would be to start your rig without a key all you need is to stick a screw driver in the end of this and turn it and she starts ,,,
Scary.

Don't car thieves typically just hammer a screwdriver into the cylinder lock and turn it? That wouldn't take 2 minutes.

interesting I would think like more around 10 mins unbolt the plastic column cover pull the little screw unplug it and change it. I was more thinking About How easy it would be to start your rig without a key all you need is to stick a screw driver in the end of this and turn it and she starts ,,,
Scary.

Don't car thieves typically just hammer a screwdriver into the cylinder lock and turn it? That wouldn't take 2 minutes.
On a lot of older Toyotas, like my '93 4-Runner, just about any old Toyota key will start it. Apparently worked for the guys that stole the 4-Runner and went on to rob an Albuquerque Taco Bell at gunpoint o_O. BTW, a few days later my son noticed something wedged between the seat and the center console - the handgun used in the hold-up o_Oo_O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom