How long do we have?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Proven

RTFM, STEP 6, POST
Threads
After reading about the supercharger (not a big loss to me because I like to keep it simple) and the posts that followed that...I got to thinking. How long do we have and if there is limited time left on some of these accessory parts (buttons, trays and widgets) is there a wishlist of sorts that we should start to think about buying just to have them on hand should that rainy day come?

Maybe this is my doomsday the sky is falling side looking for attention, but is there a chance that in the next couple years I am going to be pissed off looking through wrecks for the widget I want? how much longer do we have?

Okay...I feel better for talking this out...

get out while you can I'll give you $100 sight unseen for your cruiser:flipoff2:

for my '67 landrover I'm not worried. I'm less than not worried about my '94 80 series...If stock is what you care for? Who knows? Myself? I don't think think the sky is falling....

After reading about the supercharger (not a big loss to me because I like to keep it simple) and the posts that followed that...I got to thinking. How long do we have and if there is limited time left on some of these accessory parts (buttons, trays and widgets) is there a wishlist of sorts that we should start to think about buying just to have them on hand should that rainy day come?

Maybe this is my doomsday the sky is falling side looking for attention, but is there a chance that in the next couple years I am going to be pissed off looking through wrecks for the widget I want? how much longer do we have?

Okay...I feel better for talking this out...

If you read the entire thread this same question was asked directly of CDan to which he replied...

CruiserDan said:
I can still get some FJ40 parts that fit late 60's and early 70's vehicles. Accessories go first, followed by soft trim, mouldings, body parts, electrical and finally drivetrain.

I'd say go ahead and buy any accessories you want now, seems logical that they won't be around much longer considering the newest 80 series out there is 10 years old. I've been through this on my other vehicle, a 91 Acura Legend, and I've gone through just the sort of hell you describe trying to find rare discontinued parts. If you can afford it buy now, you can always sell the stuff later if you change your mind.

The factory stuff may not be available forever but just relax, have a beer, and think about all of the stuff you can get for a 40.

Buy a second 80 in your chosen model year and sleep on the hood to prevent other mudders from stealing parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom