How long can I expect my 2010 LC to last (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 200 LC just hasn't been around long enough for many people to get 300k miles. Since 2008 you would have to drive 20k miles per year to hit 300k by now. Sure, some people do that, but it's way over the average mileage for drivers in the US (and you would have paid about as much for gas at this point than the Cruiser cost originally!). So of course mechanics aren't going to see many 200s over 300k. Mechanics aren't statisticians, their opinions are purely anecdotal and fraught with bias (mechanics by definition work on broken cars).

There's also simply unrelated reasons that cars leave the road: crashes, theft, disaster, rust. This will chip away at the number of Cruisers on the road from day 1, through no fault of Toyota.

As for the iseecars, it's inherently flawed as far as I can tell. Most of their "Cars Most Likely to Last 250,000+ Miles" list is just car models that have existed for a long time. The Land Cruiser has been around 70 years, of course it's going to have an advantage getting to 250k vs models that have existed less than 10 or 20 years. Especially considering the 100 series was the best selling by far (so a disproportionate amount of the total Land Cruisers ever made) and they are all around the age that any left on the road will be around 250k miles if they drove the US average number of miles per year.
I was coming here to say this. This is not the first time that article has been paraded around as some point of fact. As you said, there is no 200 that’s been around long enough to hit the 17-20 yr projection that people are calling “research”. And you can’t really compare across the series, since so many parts are different. I’m sure the jury is still out on the 5.7, but I don’t think any other LC is built to the standard of the 200, and i suspect no newer series will be as well.

Thanks for the reply. I bought the LC here in Atlanta from Hilson Automotive, who bought it at an auction in Arizona. 1 owner before me in Arizona. Had 109K on it when I bought it in 2016. I've been diligent about servicing and have had only a couple minor repairs (radiator, blower in passenger AC). Just trying to understand what to expect now that I'm at 212K and if there any preventative measures I can take. When I got this LC it was 6-7 years old and was 37K. Today a 6-7 year old one with 109K seems closer to $65K so trying to decide if now is the time to sell or budget for a major repair
Im not sure what major repair there could be if you have taken care of it. My 100 has over 450k, has lived most of it’s life 100 feet from the ocean, has been used hard from the arctic to South America , but extremely well maintained. Other than a cracked leather drivers seat, and about a thousand rock chips in the windshield, if I ever washed it, it would look like new. Every feature works like new. The engine still runs and sounds like a sewing machine.

I have only had my 200 for 8 years but it looks like it will do the same.

Last edited:
2009 LC with 226,000 miles here. A tingle still goes up my leg whenever I get into it. I've run it pretty hard a number of times over the passes in the San Juans and in the area around Moab. The only reason I can see for ever trading it for a newer model is the cooled seats. :cool:

2020 Heritage Edition at 49k miles upon return from MT.

Doing a LOF Monday at the dealership prior to NM.

@wngrog Hope to cross paths at some point on the way to 100k miles and well beyond.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom