how little to run 36's?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by bad_religion_au, Jun 14, 2005.

1. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

just wondering, i've trimmed the guards right up, got about 3 inches of lift in the springs, and planning a 2 inch bodylift sprung under

the rear axle is moved back about 6 inches

do you think i could run 36's?

35's fit but arent ideal (test trial with a friends 35's) due to hitting the body on compression...

2. LC_Hamma

LC_Hamma The Anti-Leafer

Back when I ran 36" tires, my rig was setup with the (oh so common) 4" Skyjacker springs, 1 3/4" bodylift, prolly some 5" or 6" rock-roller rear shackles & extended custom shackle reversal fronts. I rubbed on the front fender lip & the inside of the rear tub. I'd suggest getting some wheels with less backspacing, maybe (-+)2" or run spacers with longer wheel studs.

3. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    i ran 35's easily with 4" skyjackers, front shackle reversal and 1 1/2" shackle, rear 2 1/ 2" shackle, so i'd say 6 1/2 " to 7" of lift should be good

4. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

i'm trying to get away with 4 inches of lift, alot of cutting, some rubbing at full flex, and definately some "wider" backspaced wheels

that's what i can manage at the moment... my problem is that i got a screaming deal on 36 swampers.... hmm

5. bustanutley

bustanutley

I ran 35's with 2.5" lift that sagged back to stock. I rubbed, I did not care, It rocked and made other rigs look silly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.