How High Can A Guy Raise The DS Engine Mount For Exhaust Manifold Replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yah and after all of that work, no way I'm taking a chance.

Got all of my parts in. Installed the new head studs last night. I couldn't find a torque spec so just snugged them up tight. Digging in on the rest today sometime.

One other pointer, the plastic coolant T- lines are back by the firewall. They get brittle and break over time. When you jack the motor up they are under tension and may snap. Good time to replace both plastic Ts.

Yep, good thought. Those were replaced a few thousand ago.

One other pointer, the plastic coolant T- lines are back by the firewall. They get brittle and break over time. When you jack the motor up they are under tension and may snap. Good time to replace both plastic Ts.

Boy, that was a snap to get in, relatively speaking, of course. Nice and quiet now.

20201021_203207928_iOS.jpg
20201021_210715899_iOS.jpg
20201021_212925821_iOS.jpg

About 8 hours total. 5 for removal and 3 for installation working leisurely over two days. Just guessing.

I have been calling around to get labor estimates for replacing the headers, partly because I am struggling to find time to do large projects at the moment and partly because a really high labor estimate might motivate me to replace them myself.

The best quote I got is from the local Toyota dealership for $1800 for labor only. This is based on about 13 hours of labor. Is that a reasonable amount of money to pay for this job?

Edit: replacing both sides.

Last edited:
Replacing both sides? Both sides, I say that is pretty good. My quote was 1,200 or so for one side, labor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom