how easy is it to change the left oxegen sensers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
and does that cause it to run shlugish. is it cheaper at the dealer?

Is your Check Engine Light on?

When an 02 sensor goes bad, many vehicles go into "limp" mode where the air/fuel mixture will be fixed often towards a richer than optimal fuel mixture. Bad 02 sensors can cause poor emissions, reduced power, increased fuel consumption and can lead to catalytic converter failure (overheat).

An independent shop will be cheaper than the dealer. Doing it yourself would be cheapest and is easy, as long as you can access it. I would only use OEM parts. After the part is installed, it can take up to 50 miles to be fully back on track. Drive it a bit if you have to pass a smog test.

hoser said:
When an 02 sensor goes bad, many vehicles go into "limp" mode where the air/fuel mixture will be fixed often towards a richer than optimal fuel mixture. Bad 02 sensors can cause poor emissions, reduced power, increased fuel consumption and can lead to catalytic converter failure (overheat).

An independent shop will be cheaper than the dealer. Doing it yourself would be cheapest and is easy, as long as you can access it. I would only use OEM parts. After the part is installed, it can take up to 50 miles to be fully back on track. Drive it a bit if you have to pass a smog test.
thank alot Hoser is it hard to do on the left side

There are two on the driver's side and two on passenger side--4 total. One before and one after the catalytic converters. When testing with an Ohm meter, they should read between 11-16 ohms. As for accessability, you'll have to crawl under and take a peak. The pre-cat 02 sensors might be covered by the skid plate.

Its not hard, depending on how much road salt has hit them. One of mine was so corroded I had to resort to the vise grip method. (the method of last resort) I used copper based anti-size on the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom