How does OEM Tailpipe go over Frame Crossmember? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hornd

SILVER Star
Threads
I wasn't paying attention when I cut the Cobbled together existing System out, the Sawzall had me distracted.
Does the Flange Fit over the Crossmember?
How do I make the Clearance to get Pipe Thruough.
Can somebody Shoot a Picture of the Flattened Section of Exhaust Pipe so I can see where it ends up?

IMG_1255.jpg

View From Back Looking Up at Body
IMG_1256.jpg

Intermediate Pipe that Joins at back of Muffler
IMG_1257.jpg

Front View of Intermediate Pipe.

I'm struggling and it's Super Greasy under there.

That Cross Member is directly attached to Body so Jacking it up higher is not going to Help.

Were you able to fish the new tailpipe over with the flange? I'm about to do this soon, and I'm wondering if it can be done without a lift.

Were you able to fish the new tailpipe over with the flange? I'm about to do this soon, and I'm wondering if it can be done without a lift.

I did this without a lift. You'll just have to crawl around and squirm a bit, but it's not a problem. Although I have a 2inch lift and 33s

Do you think that factory pipe over the crossmember restricts the exhaust enough to replace that section? Seems pretty flattened out.

Looks like you're about due for some brake line work.
Hah - does looks like that, but I think I took that photo when I replaced the flex line with a new extended braided stainless one.

I was able to maneuver the tail pipe section (with flange) over the frame - barely. It's like one of those bent wire puzzles - you have to find the exact right angle - body jacked up and axle dropped some.
The squash looks a bit worse than it really is. That's OEM. But I'm sure it does restrict, some. One day, it will all be mandrel bent, with a 1" body lift - easy.

Last edited:
Yes, but I put a piece of wood under hitch and jacked body up to get clearance.

I replaced mine by just forcing it through after much time moving it around to try and get it through easily. One thing for sure you need to remove the spare tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom