How does everyone keep things from rolling around? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So what does everyone use to keep things organized in the back of their fj40, and keep things from rolling around back there?

Originally a couple milk crates, but I upgraded to an elcheapo plastic tool chest from Walmart.

small totes with lids

Deck.

392E5155-EFA6-4F8E-91C6-B7BBC79BF03C.jpeg

Rear of the bed accesses from the tailgate, the front has a top door. Weld rings onto a few of the toolbar bolts and turn them into eye bolts for tie down points

Soft toolbags are the bomb.. they dont roll or rattle.

Back in 1975 I put my 68 FJ40 on it's side on an icy road in South Lake Tahoe. The loose Highlift Jack laying behind the front seats flipped up and almost hit my now ex in the head. After that I used a length of chain wrapped around it to keep it place. Used many different containers to carry things. But also figure a way to secure them. The soft tools bags are one of favorites. Few rattles and so not slide like hard container.

One of my personal favorites is @pardion , who cut open the top of a steel auxiliary tank and the floor of the 40 to access it. Awesomely low center of gravity to carry the heavy stuff in.😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom