How do you Like the OME lifts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 76 FJ40 that has shot springs and I am in the market for a lift. I don't want to go big, simple, good quality on and off the road. Shes should be nice on the road but I always take her four wheeling when I come home from school. I was wondering if you could post some pictures of your OME lifted FJ40, what lift you have and what you like and dislike about that peticular lift.

I've done alot of my research on these suspensions I am just curious to see how people actually like them, and if they actually perform like they say.
truck+landcruiser 001.jpg

Last edited:
This is OME 2 or 2.5 inch lift with 32s. The suspension is very soft and supple which is good. It's probably been installed for about 5 years or so though. The only problem is that it's not big enough, and I don't know why anyone would add a lift if they are only going to do 2 inches or so, so now I have to find some stock springs when I go for the spring over. Previous owner installed it.

Seems to be a good suspension though.

Welcome to MUD. :beer:
428634647JETLvW_ph.jpg
420352258rAgWCv_ph.jpg

82 fj40, OME suspension with one leaf on the rear packs removed, 33x9.5 tires. LOVE the set up, rides great. I run OME suspension on all my lifted Cruisers, the unlifted ones all have OME shocks. Only dislike it they are squeking a bit after 3 years.

111024886.jpg

Landpimp said:
82 fj40, OME suspension with one leaf on the rear packs removed, 33x9.5 tires. LOVE the set up, rides great. I run OME suspension on all my lifted Cruisers, the unlifted ones all have OME shocks. Only dislike it they are squeking a bit after 3 years.

111024886.jpg

you just love posting this picture making everyone drool eh

just trying to help out ya know :D

metalonmetal said:
you just love posting this picture making everyone drool eh

LandPimp Whats the purpose of removing a rear leaf on the rear packs? Is that the 2.5" lift from OME?

I don't want to go big, I want comfort and functionality with out sacrificing some offroad characteristics. The current springs are stock and they are completely shot, and are in need of replacement.

I like my 2.5" OME lift....been beating on it since 1998.... :beer:

Gilbert05-61.jpg

yup, softer ride as I don't carry much in the back, prolly droped the rear down a bit........but I dunno as I pulled it before I installed them, per ARB's recomendation for my use.

74fj40 said:
Just a guess, but i think it allows the spring pack to flex more and makes for a softer ride?

Family 40's said:
Looks like you have some body lift how much?? And what size tires are those?

There is three inches of body lift in this truck, a six point frame mounted cage, and those are 42" swampers.

:beer:

This cruiser is a 74, I will be bolting up a OME Dakar setup in a few days...................

I have a 2.5 BDS lift on my other cruiser...very soft ride, great flex, no sag yet.
will be a great comparison.

I will post up some after shots when complete.

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue3.jpg

blue4.jpg

blue6.jpg

left to right: 2.5 BDS 33x 9.5 - stock 31x10.5 - Stock 33x9.5
My fave combo: 2.5 lift w/ 33x10.50 Mud
blue5.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that would be great to compare the two.
I haven't done any research on the BDS suspension, could you elaborate more about the quality aspects of it? By the way nice cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom