How do you get the vents on the back off? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
how do you do this without hurting anything?

The D-pillar ones? Looks like they're held on by screws underneath the interior plastic trim.
Capture.JPG

to vent

What is the function of these vents?

They're just cabin vents. All vehicles have 'em. It's just that Mr. T put them up high enough on the LC to keep them out of the river you just crossed (and the river out of your cruiser).

Turn the blower on high with doors/windows closed and stand by the vents and you'll get a first hand experience of how effective they are.

but really, thats what they do, if you slam a door, you can hear them "poof" if you are close to them. They help hot/ cold air get out weather you are running the heat or ac.

And if it's really windy, they flap open/closed and annoy the crap out of you while you try to sleep (last night).

Dude, just tape them off. That is what I did a few years ago. So easy. What color are you going to paint them.

Please say neon green :grinpimp:

i may be changing the whole scheme of the rig, still thinking though

I wouldn't close the vents off without first finding out if they are important to proper operation of the air bags.

I wouldn't close the vents off without first finding out if they are important to proper operation of the air bags.

I don't think the airbags will care about little vents... when both front airbags inflated on my LC90, they blew out the entire back windows on both sides !

/Pete

Pete, I'm curious how one could know it was the airbags and not the crash impact that broke the windows. Was there no impact?

I don't think the airbags will care about little vents... when both front airbags inflated on my LC90, they blew out the entire back windows on both sides !

/Pete

Good point. I agree that the Airbags are going to blow regardless of the rear vents. It's not like it's a pressurized cabin. Plus, if you have the electric wing windows, those things don't exactly have an ironclad seal to them - they'd flex out no problem.

I think the bigger issue is that your HVAC wouldn't be very effective (especial on defog) without fresh air. Plus - heaven forbid - if someone happened to get sideways with a burrito.... well, you probably want a way to get that back out of the truck, and quickly!

i dont think anyone was thinking of closing them, just taping and painting? am i wrong?

I think the bigger issue is that your HVAC wouldn't be very effective (especial on defog) without fresh air. Plus - heaven forbid - if someone happened to get sideways with a burrito.... well, you probably want a way to get that back out of the truck, and quickly!

I haven't opened these up, but if they are like most vehicles, they are one-way - out. They don't help bring in fresh air unless there is a two-way door as part of the A/C system.

I bigger concern with sealing them could be CO. :eek:

Now, the methane problem you referenced above is the most likely and more common scenario we all face, especially with teenage boys:cool:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom