How do you get out of the dog house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been married happily for eight years, no problems what so ever. A few days ago I was having a casual conversation with the wife and got caught in a trap when she posed a question. She asked "Why didn't you call me that much when we were going out" my response was (keep in mind this was a casual conversation) "Probably because I was going out with other girls at the same I was seening you". :whoops: Needless to say I knew I was in trouble as soon as the words came out. Well now I'm in the dog house and have no idea how to get out? Any suggestions

Go ahead a tell her how many now.... see what happens.

Dude you effed. You will be hearing about this as long as you are married.

Rules for getting out of the dog house:
Rule #1 the rules change at any time w/o notice
Rule #2 see rule #1

Cunnilingus. ;p

I think this joke is usually pretty accurate when dealing with women.

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish." The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want.

"The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that would honor and glorify me."

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says 'nothing's wrong,' and how I can make a woman truly happy."
The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?

rusty_tlc said:
So how is being clever with words going to help???
Oh wait you said lingus not linguist.

Never mind.

Depends which alphabet you're spelling. Me, I go for Kanji. Coupla thousand characters. :D

This too shall pass. Know that some things, you just can't "get out" of. It just takes time and for you to understand that you can't solve the problem of how she feels about things you did before you guys got engaged and/or married. If you try to "fix it", you're just as likely to piss her off as to make things better. Chill and be there for her when she cools off.

I dunno I was was "dating" three other women when I started dating my wife.

Just tell her she won.

-E

that's right. Tell her you were checking out so many other women and none came up anywhere close to her qualities. YOu picked the best and that was her...
in the bag!

Stand up and be a man! She asked, you told. End of conversation. This is a good time for you to do something by yourself that you have wanted to do for a while Don't cower like a puppy, Be a man. Best way to get out of the doghouse is to stand up and open the door and walk out. Sheeeesh!

Urrrk said:
I dunno I was was "dating" three other women when I started dating my wife.

Just tell her she won.

-E

Good idea.

I usually don't make rookie mistakes like these but I slipped up. Note to self "Don't drink more than one beer and and answer a trick question from wife"

Oh BTW five years from now, when she is losing an argument, expect to hear about this again. No matter how you smooth things over.:D

Just though you would want to know.

I'm a 25 year vetran of the marriage game.:doh: 26 years. Oh crap was it 28????

I think I'm in trouble.:frown:

rusty_tlc said:
Oh BTW five years from now, when she is losing an argument, expect to hear about this again. No matter how you smooth things over.:D

Just though you would want to know.

I'm a 25 year vetran of the marriage game.:doh: 26 years. Oh crap was it 28????

I think I'm in trouble.:frown:

But I didn't do s**t, just being a guy going out with as many chics as I could get my hands on. I think she expected me to stop seeing women as soon as I laid eyes on her. That would have meant no action for six months:eek: .

You're screwed. There is nothing you can do. 14 years after it happened I still hear about my marital faux pas...

Her: "Does this dress make me look fat?"
Me (like a retard ignoring all kinds of warning signs): "Clothes can't make you look fat, either you are or you aren't!".

Let it slide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom