How do you determine spring lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to buy some 4" lift springs. There is a guy selling some, but the springs have no identifying marks, i.e. manufacturer/model # or anything. I there a way to tell the lift based upon...?

Eye to eye measurement/lift arch measurement??

Thanks

A better description might help, number of leafs?, anti-friction pads or not?. Place spring on the groung up side down (i.e. eyes on ground-arch in the air) and measure height from the ground to top of arch. With this math I can compare them to our 4" springs. Also specify front or rear (different arches).

A better description might help, number of leafs?, anti-friction pads or not?. Place spring on the groung up side down (i.e. eyes on ground-arch in the air) and measure height from the ground to top of arch. With this math I can compare them to our 4" springs. Also specify front or rear (different arches).

I have never seen them, but I see what you mean. I figured there would be some sort of simple math length of the spring would equate to ~x" of lift or some sort. With the # of leafs in the pack seting the load rating..blah, blah.

I am going to go pick them up this w/e, I will post up some details.

Spring measurements:

42" center eye to center eye.

7.5" from the ground to the spring top, spring flipped over on the driveway.

7 leaf packs.

I measured my Rancho 2.5" lift springs on the truck for reference (Suspension in full droop on the P-side front tire.):

41.25" eye to eye

6.75" from the top (level with the top of the spring, slide a flat stock metal thru the shackles)

6 leaf packs.

Does this sound like a 4" lift? Will the extra .75" in length and 3/4" give me an extra 1.5" of lift?

Any opinion is appriciated. Thanks. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom