How do you attach LED's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked at the FAQ and went to the link for the LED's. I saw the 36 count square replacement for the standard interior dome light. I see how to plug it in, I see that you need to tape the back really well, but what I don't see is how to get it to stay in there. I hope it's held in there with more than just tape.

they have pins that mount into the stock light clips.

at least that is how mine worked.

I didn't get the 36 led version. I tacked them inside the fixture with a little bit of HD hot glue, them backed it up with some dabs of exoxy. It's held fine for a couple of summers now.

get George's LED's i have em and they are great, they stay in play using a small screw.

In the FAQ's I saw a mention of George's LEDs but didn't see a picture of them. Where can I find them and are they really better than Heckler's recommendation? See link for Heckler's 36 LED replacement light Festoon Dome Lights

So that one single LED is brighter than or as bright as the 36 LEDs Heckler suggested? I'm not even sure if that is a light. This stuff is totally greek to me. I guess I need to contact them.

from the research i did, George's are the best and brightest, i have some other LED's in my doors as George doesn't do them anymore. Do a search for dome light upgrade, you'll see pics of the different light outputs. Its like night and day.

Just got my 80, so I think this will be my first mod. My 60 could also use a replacement. Does anyone know if there is any difference with the 60 and 80 as far as installation goes? I saw that this works for the 60/80/100 so I wanted to ask.

Just a quick FYI, George no longer offers the front map light, just the rear domes. I'm bummed b/c I waited too long to order. :bang:

Per George's email, he is out of the aluminum plate used to build the map light, so no more map lights. You can still get the rear domes, unless some over-eager mudder buys 'em all up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom