how do I tell what carb it is? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
bought an Aisan carb that was supposed to be for my 1975 FJ40 2F. Now I'm not so sure. How do I tell what the ^%$& it is. It says Aisan on it and is marked 180 - 3j15 on the top but it does not look like any of the carbs shown on SOR. Am I screwed?

Part of that number is the date code. 3j15 means it was made on October 15th on some year ending in 3. It's up to you to determine whether that's 63, 73 or 83. It's probably not 63. 83 would have a lot more vacuum ports than the 73 one would.

HTH

post a pic here, I am sure someone will know.

That is the same one I have on my 78 2F.

Should work just fine.

Looks to me like that carb would have come on a smogged, F engine.

OK, I think I have it, 1972 to 1974 California model with EGR but missing the throttle pump plate that connects to the thottle pump rod at the throttle connection.

I have parted out two trucks that did not have any kalifornia smog lables. One 73 and one 74. It could be a kali-smog. I do not know why a non-USA carb would have a large smog tube on it tho..

-Steve

is that the large tube in the next to last picture? If I use this carb on my de-smogged 76 2F can I just close off that tube?

[quote author=Straylight link=board=1;threadid=8607;start=msg73519#msg73519 date=1071016356]
is that the large tube in the next to last picture? If I use this carb on my de-smogged 76 2F can I just close off that tube?
[/quote]

Sure, plug it, and then get the rest of your linkage pieces too, otherwise the acceleration circut will not work..

Good luck!

-Steve

I take it than that the votes are in and that this will be a good carb for my 76 Fj40?

Anyone have an idea where I might get that accelerator circuit piece. Also, why are there two large fuel inlet ports? Is one inlet and one outlet, and if so, where does the outlet go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom