how do I remove the middle seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't have an fsm yet, or even an owners manual, (both on order) and I am unsure on how to remove the middle seats from my 97 (already removed the 3rd row). It looks like I fold the seats up, pry up the plastic cover at the hinge/floorboard and there is a bolt that needs removing. Is that all, or is there another bolt lurking somewhere?
Thanks for any advice! I tried searching but was too ignorant to use the correct search phrase.
JonB

Look for the lever my son.... Look for the lever.... on the side of the seat.

-A

AMMO said:
Look for the lever my son.... Look for the lever.... on the side of the seat.

-A
Looks like he's already figured out how to fold and roll the middle row, just wants to know how to remove them.

I think you just need to remove those bolts that are under the plastic covers, I don't think the middle row seats were really meant to be "removeable", so you do have to remove the bolts.

There should be bots on the front of the middle seats undo em.

Pop the plastic and unbolt each seat; 4 bolts per seat. Re installing is a bit of a pita but doable...

4 bolts each as previously stated. Basically a piece of cake. Reinstall isn't that bad either just remember to reinstall with the seats in the kicked up position and after you have both back bolts started then lean the seats back slightly and get the fronts started as well. After that just torque down nice and firm.

Thanks everybody:cheers:. I am looking forward to the day I can answer a question rather than always posting a question!

reffug said:
4 bolts each as previously stated. Basically a piece of cake. Reinstall isn't that bad either just remember to reinstall with the seats in the kicked up position and after you have both back bolts started then lean the seats back slightly and get the fronts started as well. After that just torque down nice and firm.
Yes, it does help to have the seat up when reinstalling. The tough part of the reinstall is getting the bolt threaded correctly.

NorCalDoug said:
Yes, it does help to have the seat up when reinstalling. The tough part of the reinstall is getting the bolt threaded correctly.

Yes I learned this the hard way............... :doh: When doing the fuel pump mod for my truck and if you try it the other way it can be a real bogger to get the bolts rethreaded correctly. Oh well chalk it up to experience. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom