how do I remove the middle seats?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by jonb96150, Jul 11, 2005.

1. jonb96150

jonb96150

Media:
    Albums:
    I don't have an fsm yet, or even an owners manual, (both on order) and I am unsure on how to remove the middle seats from my 97 (already removed the 3rd row). It looks like I fold the seats up, pry up the plastic cover at the hinge/floorboard and there is a bolt that needs removing. Is that all, or is there another bolt lurking somewhere?
    Thanks for any advice! I tried searching but was too ignorant to use the correct search phrase.
    JonB

2. AMMO

AMMO

Look for the lever my son.... Look for the lever.... on the side of the seat.

-A

3. firetruck41

firetruck41

Looks like he's already figured out how to fold and roll the middle row, just wants to know how to remove them.

I think you just need to remove those bolts that are under the plastic covers, I don't think the middle row seats were really meant to be "removeable", so you do have to remove the bolts.

4. nyk438

nyk438

There should be bots on the front of the middle seats undo em.

5. dfmorse

dfmorse

Pop the plastic and unbolt each seat; 4 bolts per seat. Re installing is a bit of a pita but doable...

6. reffug

reffug

4 bolts each as previously stated. Basically a piece of cake. Reinstall isn't that bad either just remember to reinstall with the seats in the kicked up position and after you have both back bolts started then lean the seats back slightly and get the fronts started as well. After that just torque down nice and firm.

7. jonb96150

jonb96150

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks everybody:cheers:. I am looking forward to the day I can answer a question rather than always posting a question!

8. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Yes, it does help to have the seat up when reinstalling. The tough part of the reinstall is getting the bolt threaded correctly.

9. reffug

reffug

Yes I learned this the hard way............... :doh: When doing the fuel pump mod for my truck and if you try it the other way it can be a real bogger to get the bolts rethreaded correctly. Oh well chalk it up to experience. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.