How do I know what is original to my car? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 78’ Canadian Market BJ40 currently with a hard top on it yet I am superstitious about it being original. Along with different colored hard top brackets and pieces; on the rear quarter panels and across the rear tailgate there are wholes evenly spaced and what looks to be pretty cleanly drilled. Would this be something original to a factory soft top car? I don’t know if there is original paint in those wholes because of the previous owners take on a paint job. On my other Land Cruiser an American market 77’ fj40 there are no holes and there was a sticker in the glove box that I did research on and said it came original with warn hubs, rear heater, hardtop, am radio and “snow and mud rims” and all were correct. On my opposing BJ there is no sticker. Is there anything else I can look for that would indicate what was original to the car?
Thank You

Serial number may give insight as to if it was originally a hard top or not, but probably not any of your other concerns. I have a bit of a hard time thinking anyone in Canada would get a soft top in their cold climate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom