How do I get or find my VIN for my 1976 fj45 Australia

I couldn’t find a thread explaining exactly how to find my vin. I have an Aussie spec 1976 fj45. I am guessing that at some point in its life it was registered in nsw as it came off a nsw property.
How would I find the registration history and the vin that was used to register it. Thank you
Can provide engine/chassis numbers if it helps

shipmag

Hagler Technology LLC. Aka Shipmag
I couldn’t find a thread explaining exactly how to find my vin. I have an Aussie spec 1976 fj45. I am guessing that at some point in its life it was registered in nsw as it came off a nsw property.
How would I find the registration history and the vin that was used to register it. Thank you
Can provide engine/chassis numbers if it helps
The vin number is stamped on the passenger side front section of frame behind the wheel. But a Previous owner could have changed the frame or body. I would start by contacting the last location you think it was registered and give them the number on the frame. If body and frame are original the numbers will be the same.

Where in australia are u located?

The vin number is stamped on the passenger side front section of frame behind the wheel. But a Previous owner could have changed the frame or body. I would start by contacting the last location you think it was registered and give them the number on the frame. If body and frame are original the numbers will be the same.

Where in australia are u located?
I’m near armidale NSW. So should I contact my local service nsw and see if they have it on record?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom