How do I fix my 4X4 Labs bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quite a few years ago I bought my Labs kit and Brittan Smith welded it up for me. Then I was in a hurry to park my truck at work and hit a pole base of a unlit parking lot light. Hasn't been a big deal over the years, and it works fine except that the swing out hits a little on the top when you close it.

Over the weekend I pulled the bumper off in preparation to have my cruiser completely repainted, and I want this fixed somehow. Any ideas of who could attempt to fix this? I don't know whether it can be pounded out or a section cut out and replaced or what to do. I will be getting it re-powdercoated after the repair so any fix or welding will be covered up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

That will take some massaging to work out. A body shop with a frame jig may be able to pull it out, but it’ll cost you more than the bumper is worth. You are probably best served to either leave it be, or sell it to recover part of the cost of a new one.

That will take some massaging to work out. A body shop with a frame jig may be able to pull it out, but it’ll cost you more than the bumper is worth. You are probably best served to either leave it be, or sell it to recover part of the cost of a new one.
X2

Another option, you could probably get another bumper section from 4X4Labs and cut it apart.

I'll give you $200 for it, without the swingout.

uh, not gonna give you ****ers a Labs bumpers for pocket change cuz its got a little dent in it, I'll figure it out. Was just looking for a local welder to get this sorted for a few bucks.

I straightened my twisted ARB front bumper with some heat and some persuasion from a frame machine. That's about the only way to get that thick steel to budge. Unless you replace the entire face with new you'll probably always have a wrinkle. You could do a little body work on it with filler to get it perfect. I have the same rear bumper, it's thick. That must've rang your bell when you hit that light pole!!! Good luck!

So I contacted 4X4 Labs and they immediately got back to me. They said I could buy just the one section for $200 plus shipping. So I'll do that. Now who can do this for me, anyone know? I have cash and beer!!

Quite a few years ago I bought my Labs kit and Brittan Smith welded it up for me. Then I was in a hurry to park my truck at work and hit a pole base of a unlit parking lot light. Hasn't been a big deal over the years, and it works fine except that the swing out hits a little on the top when you close it.

Over the weekend I pulled the bumper off in preparation to have my cruiser completely repainted, and I want this fixed somehow. Any ideas of who could attempt to fix this? I don't know whether it can be pounded out or a section cut out and replaced or what to do. I will be getting it re-powdercoated after the repair so any fix or welding will be covered up.

View attachment 2791532

View attachment 2791533

View attachment 2791534

View attachment 2791535

View attachment 2791536

I see you're still bending stuff Shannon :grinpimp:

I see you're still bending stuff Shannon :grinpimp:
His front axle housing is still sitting next to the air compressor here. 😂

A portapower might push that back out some. You’re welcome to stop by and see…

uh, not gonna give you f***ers a Labs bumpers for pocket change cuz its got a little dent in it, I'll figure it out. Was just looking for a local welder to get this sorted for a few bucks.
Wow, rude. :flipoff2:

So I contacted 4X4 Labs and they immediately got back to me. They said I could buy just the one section for $200 plus shipping. So I'll do that. Now who can do this for me, anyone know? I have cash and beer!!
I have the same section for $123.45 cash and carry

Note: some surface rust from being outdoors

I have the same section for $123.45 cash and carry

Note: some surface rust from being outdoors

“1-2-3-4-5? That’s the kind of combination an idiot would put on his luggage!”

[quiet aside] "Remind me to change the combination on my luggage."

sounds good Phil, you have the whole top piece? What do you think would be better or easier to fix it? Like I said, I don't have the ability or tools to do this myself. I don't think a portapower( I imagine that's gotta be some type of mechanism you put in and it spreads it apart) would bend it out, or at least if it did, you could probably tell.

I can't believe my front axle is around, that was one stupid, but fun, mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom