How do i disconect the sunroof switch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had problems with the sunroof leaking which is now better with all the drains cleaned and a inner tube in place. But i because of the inner tube and now my roof rack which contacts the sunroof when up, I want to disconnect power to the switch. I pulled the switch mechanism and i have it unplugged. But if i simply unplug the 6 pin plug my dome light will not work. I feel like there is a way to push the pins for the sun roof out of the 6 pin plug. That would leave the dome light working but not power to the sunroof. Or is there a sunroof specific fuse or relay i could unplug? The FSM mentions a sunroof rely but not where it is or which one it is. Any ideas?

The sunroof is on the same medium-current fuse as the power windows. Pull that fuse and you lose the windows.

Just unlock the switch connector and use a terminal pick to remove the pins. Tape them up and put them off to the side.

Cdan that is what i had in mind but i have to admit i dont know how to get the pins out. Can you describe it or is there a post some place showing how? Sorry, i am kind of slow some times.

Figured it out. Once i got the first one the others were cake. I just had to figure out which little tab to lift with the safety pin. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom